• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Christmas Shoe Box Appeal - Pledge a Pound

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
We are starting a Christmas shoe box appeal, in conjunction with our Amazon Christmas wish list. All items donated through either the shoe box appeal or the Amazon wish list appeal will be collected up and shared out amongst our rescues and sanctuaries, and the parcels will be sent out to them at the beginning of December this year so they can make use of the items at or before Christmas.

I have attached a photo of a small box of suitable items for our Rescues to receive. If you would like to have a look at the items on our Amazon wish list for some other ideas here is the link:- http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/registry.html?ie=UTF8&id=GE9CN0KFHOBQ&type=wishlist

If you would like to donate a few items for the shoe box appeal, they don't actually have to be sent in a shoe box, you can send them in a jiffy bag. Don't forget some of our Rescues have guinea pigs too and a few even have other small furry animals :) here are examples of some of the type of things you could send in toys, willow toys, throw toys, dried herbs, treats, your donation can also include general things that all our rescues use lots of i.e. rubber gloves, disposable gloves, cotton wool, cotton wool buds, bin bags, hibiscrub, Sudocrem, kitchen roll, Panacur, etc. If you aren't sure if an item would be suitable or not just post on this thread and ask us :)

Pet Supermarket also offer free delivery and have a 5% discount code, a great way for people to donate to the shoe box appeal/wish list order from Pet Supermarket, with FREE delivery, get 5% DISCOUNT off your order, and have it sent direct to PaP for FREE, for us to collect up all items and send out to our rescues in December. No packaging up the items yourself or paying for it. The discount code is 'and5pet'.

Please note Royal Mail prices have gone up considerably this year the cheapest way to send a small parcel to us is by 2nd class small parcel which costs £2.60 but to send your parcel for this price it must weigh LESS than 1kg, the maximum length of the parcel is 45cm, maximum width is 35cm and maximum depth is ONLY 8cm
If your parcel is too big in dimensions to send for the £2.60 price the next cheapest way to send a parcel is online by Myhermes, with them you can send a much bigger sized parcel (bigger than a shoe box) and it can weigh upto 2KG for only £4.20 you can pay by Paypal or credit/debit card online and have the parcel collected from your house or you can drop it off at a nominated collection shop (such as OneStop).

To save on your postage costs how about sending some dried herbs, cotton wool, small bags of treats (rabbit or guineapig) in a jiffy bag? All donations however big or small will be very much welcomed by our Rescues and their animals :) Thank you

If anyone would like to send a donation please can you send me a PM for the address for your parcel. Thank you :)

Thanks to the people who have contacted me via pm to arrange a parcel :)

Would anyone else like to donate?

I think ill do it through pet supermarket because as you say postage is ridiculous through Royal Mail for bulky items and the money you spend on postage could buy another item! :thumb:

I think ill do it through pet supermarket because as you say postage is ridiculous through Royal Mail for bulky items and the money you spend on postage could buy another item! :thumb:

Me too - can I have the address to send the items to please?

Thanks xx

I am just wondering if I can find a way of enabling people to send my willow/sloe/hawthorn boxes as Xmas gifts as well -(see thread on willow etc in Boxes) - I am picking fresh so it would have to be opened and then spread out to dry and then repackaged at Xmas - I would not like to risk just leaving it in the box in case they got damp . . . I will think on it

what do you think Kermit?

I am just wondering if I can find a way of enabling people to send my willow/sloe/hawthorn boxes as Xmas gifts as well -(see thread on willow etc in Boxes) - I am picking fresh so it would have to be opened and then spread out to dry and then repackaged at Xmas - I would not like to risk just leaving it in the box in case they got damp . . . I will think on it

what do you think Kermit?

Yes, I think that sounds like a lovely idea. Sue is collecting all the items but I am sure that she would be happy to spread out and repackage :)

Some of the items we have so far......still to take pics of the items just received this weekend :)

Two more parcels have arrived full of goodies for the shoe box/wish list appeal from 2 members here on RU I believe :) :)

Here they are :)

Thanks so much guys xx

Here are 2 photos of more donations received in the last few days. Thank you so much you know who you are :)

Don't forget our shoebox appeal and the Amazon wish list are open for people to donate items till the end of this month still plenty of time to send your items :)

Another parcel arrived today with items for the shoe box appeal. Thank you very much whoever these are from :)

Here's a picture of another lovely donation for our shoe box appeal, I have no idea who it was from, but
Thank you so much :)
Hibiscrub is wonderful stuff :)

3 more parcels of donations have arrived here this week, here's the pictures, I'm sure the rabbits won't mind their litter tray mats having the word 'cat' on them :) Thank you very much for these parcels :)

Another 2 parcels for our wish list/shoe box appeal arrived today :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE THAT HAS DONATED, OUR RESCUES ARE GOING TO BE SO PLEASED WITH THEIR PARCELS :) :)

Have all the parcels received been photographed? I placed an order with pet supermarket on the 5th and the website still says my order is 'processing' :evil: I am going to phone them tomorrow and check what is going on but just thought I would check here first!

Have all the parcels received been photographed? I placed an order with pet supermarket on the 5th and the website still says my order is 'processing' :evil: I am going to phone them tomorrow and check what is going on but just thought I would check here first!

Yip, Sue makes sure she photos everything that comes in. I hope they have not held the order waiting on one thing to come into stock, they did that with me before.

Yip, Sue makes sure she photos everything that comes in. I hope they have not held the order waiting on one thing to come into stock, they did that with me before.

Yep, they were awaiting delivery on 2 items so obviously they couldn't send the rest! :roll: However the nice man on the phone was very apologetic and said that they would send the rest of the order ASAP and he will chase the supplies of the crunchies! :lol: so annoying but fantastic customer service, even if the on hold music was truly awful! :lol:

Back