• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think I have a problem

BigBunnyBenji

Mama Doe
Ever since I lost Benji I find myself longing for another giant all the time. :cry:

We adopted Rupert just after he passed away, and I do love him and so does April, but obviously it isn't the same. I miss having a house rabbit too. Benji lived inside with me for 6 months, but April and Rupert live outside.

I get excited if I see giants up for adoption, I find myself purposely looking for them at rescues. :(
My OH doesn't want us to get another rabbit, the two we have are really happy and get on great, and they are well looked after and cared for.
I would adopt another one in a heartbeat, but I know that it isn't sensible. I'd have no idea how to bond a trio, plus my wendyhouse probably wouldn't be suitable for another rabbit as well as Rupert and April.

Is there something wrong with me, why do I keep looking for another giant even though I know I can't get one? :(

Last edited:
I think your reaction is pretty normal actually. No matter how many other pets we have, there is always a great big hole left by the one we have lost.

It's ok hun, I get it. Rupert and April are beautiful... but being outside means that there is a gap in your house. Reggie was only gone for a while yesterday but I was almost in bits at the idea of him not being here when I got up/came home from work.

It's quite normal to feel how you are feeling.xx I wish I had something to help... I know it's out there but could Rupert and April come in and be house bunnies?

(((hugs)))

I thought Rupert was a giant? :? X

He's a giant cross, like a normal rabbit x giant. It's not the size or anything, I just miss the personality of Benji. Although Rupert does have a great personality, I don't know him as well yet. I just associate giants with having a fun personality, especially my Benji.

It's ok hun, I get it. Rupert and April are beautiful... but being outside means that there is a gap in your house. Reggie was only gone for a while yesterday but I was almost in bits at the idea of him not being here when I got up/came home from work.

It's quite normal to feel how you are feeling.xx I wish I had something to help... I know it's out there but could Rupert and April come in and be house bunnies?

(((hugs)))

Rupert and April aren't allowed to come inside as I still live with my Dad and he doesn't want them inside as they make a lot of mess. :(

Back