• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Crate with attached pen - question!

Canine

Young Bun
Hi everyone! This may seem like a really silly question, so please forgive me!

My bunny is coming to live with me in my room next week so as I have this week off work I've been starting to clean some things up and move some furniture around. I've purchased a 36 inch dog crate and I'll shortly be getting a pen but there is just one question which is annoying me to no extent! How do you attach the pen doors/panels to each other? I originally thought that I would just use cable ties but my Mum thinks it's not going to be stable and will just fall down on her if she runs into the panels? I've looked at the picture threads but it doesn't appear that anyone uses anything to hold the doors up? I'm sure I'm missing something simple but I've looked elsewhere online and can't find an answer. I'm in a house with carpet and I'll be using carpet squares atop of that, so I can't drill anything into the ground.

349437d.png

I'm getting two of these but I will set it up so it's more square, and she will have free range of the room when I'm home.

Thanks for reading!

These pens only let you set up square using 4 panels. It doesn't let you set up two panels straight in a line.....hope that makes sense!

I don't know how stable it will be from looking at the pictures. Perhaps you could make some wooden supports, something like a flat base with a slot in. A bit like the cardboard figure holders that you used to get in games?

Or perhaps make some triangle braces that you can secure it to from the outside?

Or maybe support it using small bunny housing?

*shrug* it's a tricky one;)

Oh, really? :? So I couldn't have 4 squares in a horizontal position? How annoying! Now my plan has to change. Is there any substitute you would recommend? :wave: I just need something to block her off in her part of the room when I'm not at home so she's contained a little and doesn't go weeing on my bed.

Thanks Tidgy, that's a good idea :) I was thinking similarly in that I might have to get some paper weights for either side or something. Ah well! To the drawing board. :p

Why not just rabbit proof your room, blocking off your bed with puppy panels?

This is probably the best idea :)

You could tie them together horizontally with something else like cable ties / tie wraps or something, but the posts that hold them together go at a sort of angle so they wouldn't work.

Back