• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am going crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moonturtle

Warren Scout
Please help me. I am at my wit's end!!!!! I work all day and come home at night. Bojangles gets very active at night and I play with her a lot when I come home. She sleeps on and off in the evening then at night she goes nuts. I can deal with her running all over the place and chewing on her boxes, but she is going after the wallpaper knowing I will get up to scold her and after I scold her, she will thump in anger. How can I get her to stop chewing the wallpaper and thumping at night? It is becoming a big problem and I really need to sleep at night. I am a teacher and need to be rested in case something happens.

I am by no means an expert, but maybe she is deliberately attacking the wallpaper as she knows it will get her attention (you're rewarding her behaviour with what she wants so she will keep doing it to get what she wants.)

Have you tried giving her toys and ignoring the wallpaper attacking? I'm sure I've read on here you can get stuff to stop bunnies chewing your walls and things or at least protect them until she gets out of the habit.

I'm not sure what to do to stop her thumping though. I had a rabbit my ex made me rehome as she thumped in the early morning and kept waking him up. Maybe someone more experienced will be along soon to assist.

In my experience the only way I stopped my buns from chewing the walls/wall paper was to cover the walls up lol.

unfortunately I don't think you can really stop a rabbit exhibiting natural behaviours (stripping wallpaper is like stripping bark from trees).
What you can do is protect your walls, and maybe shut her in a specific room that's far enough away that her thumping won't disturb you at night.

Strip the wall paper yourself and paint them instead? I think the only way to keep the wall paper and keep it safe is the perspex suggestion! I have painted wall so luckily I don't have this problem!

Sadly, I can't stop caring (as much as I want to,) because this is an apartment. I plan on buying some matching patches, perhaps I should do that soon. As for shutting her in another room, it is a one room apartment. I can't shut her in another room (unless I shut her in the bathroom.) Is there anything I can put on the walls to make it taste horrible to her that will not be poisonous? I thought I read vinegar and I tried that, but she thought it was seasoning.

Sadly, I can't stop caring (as much as I want to,) because this is an apartment. I plan on buying some matching patches, perhaps I should do that soon. As for shutting her in another room, it is a one room apartment. I can't shut her in another room (unless I shut her in the bathroom.) Is there anything I can put on the walls to make it taste horrible to her that will not be poisonous? I thought I read vinegar and I tried that, but she thought it was seasoning.

She won't stop. The only thing you can do is to cover the walls. Could you get some mesh or something to put on the walls? I have laminate flooring planks glued to my walls. :lol:

You could try putting card board on the bottom part of the walls that they can reach, thats what i did its workd so far

You could try putting card board on the bottom part of the walls that they can reach, thats what i did its workd so far

This worked for us. Or putting a puppy pen around the edge of the wall.

Also, if she's eating the wallpaper and not just destroying it, try giving her foraged leaves as an extra source of fibre. I can't find the link on my iPad, but _thumps made a thread regarding this and it does seem that buns who eat paper/cardboard seem to crave it when in actually fact they need certain fibre.

Back