• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freaking out... Just a little... :0( *Update* Home again. :0)

Schez

Mama Doe
All day yesterday, I've felt anxious. I couldn't sleep properly either. I lost count of the number of times I scolded myself for being silly. Reggie was booked in the vets at 8 am this morning for his neuter. We asked if the vet could health check him, and whilst under, to check his teeth thoroughly.

I had heard nothing all day, so decided that I couldn't take much more and phoned in. They found a small spur on his back tooth and filed it, which is fine. But now they are saying they may want to keep him over night as he's very groggy and not eating. They are reassisng at 6pm... I desperately want him home. I'm getting myself wound up and can't face having to go through another day of work thinking of him in the vets, thinking I've abandoned him. :cry: I've said I would be happy to watch him and syringe feed; my OH is prepared to take shifts with me through the night if necessary. Reggie is an indoor bunny, so would be inside with us.

Really needing vibes for him so he can come home. :cry:

Last edited:
I hope they do send him home. When Pooka had her spay done I syringed her water and food, but I'd have hated her to stay at the vets. I generally feel that where possible it's best to have them in their own environment, especially as she wouldn't take feeds from the vets but would from me.

Sending vibes for Reggie xxx

I hope they do send him home. When Pooka had her spay done I syringed her water and food, but I'd have hated her to stay at the vets. I generally feel that where possible it's best to have them in their own environment, especially as she wouldn't take feeds from the vets but would from me.

Sending vibes for Reggie xxx

Thank you for sending Reggie some vibes. xx

This what I am feeling. I know he needs me and to be home with me, in his own, safe envirionment. I'm sure I could coax him into eating. But how can I go against a trusted vet? I'm so frustrated. The clock seems to be going so slow... Should hear something soon...

Aw Reggie :( I would want him home too... in his own environment he is much more likely to eat and drink. Hope you can pick him up

Update: He's home!

My sweetheart is home. :love: He had a huff on with me, turned his back on me :shock: albeit for five mins and then he turned back for nose/check rubs. I've manage to hand feed some pellets and he's had his nose in his hay. He jumped into his litterbox and had a wee, but I'm monitoring him very closely... I would like him to manage to eat some more... I've got some recovery food, which I was told to administer later if not eating... But they didn't send any extra pain relief. :shock: The vet admanet that he doesn't need further, but I'm a bit miffed. My vets are like that, they never give any extra for home, (???) even when I said I wanted some for Stanleigh when she had her spey... :?

He's grooming the area a bit, so monitering him to make sure he doesn't hurt himself.

He goes back to vet in two days for his check up...

I'm just relieved he's home where I can watch him/fuss over him. :D I've got the vets emergency number by the phone, just in case... :thumb:

Glad to hear he's home and eating a bit. :) If I'm honest I would pop back the vet on my own tomorrow and just say he was grinding his teeth in pain, and try and get pain relief that way. It's also awkward when they're grooming, at first I stopped Pooka every time, but then I realised I had to sleep at some point, and it turned out she was just doing the fur and skin to get rid of the weird smell left over.

Give the brave boy some nose rubs from me xxx

Glad to hear he's home and eating a bit. :) If I'm honest I would pop back the vet on my own tomorrow and just say he was grinding his teeth in pain, and try and get pain relief that way. It's also awkward when they're grooming, at first I stopped Pooka every time, but then I realised I had to sleep at some point, and it turned out she was just doing the fur and skin to get rid of the weird smell left over.

Give the brave boy some nose rubs from me xxx

That's a good idea, I can't get them to listen to me otherwise. They got very annoyed with me over Stanleigh... So it was a question of how far can I push it? Thankfully, Stanleigh was scoffing as normal.... But I still couldn't get over what if she's still in pain? If it was us going through a big operation like that, we would be dosed up for a couple of days after at least... :?

I will definitely pass on the nose rubs, and thank you for checking in - I really appreciate.xxx :D

Only just seen this. Glad he is home and fine. Cant believe the vets getting annoyed re you asking for more pain relief :shock:

Only just seen this. Glad he is home and fine. Cant believe the vets getting annoyed re you asking for more pain relief :shock:

^^^^^ this precisely. I hadn't seen the thread until now, and am glad he's ok and hope he's not in pain since they wouldn't give you any :shock:.

Btw, I love the name "Stanleigh" I knew I'd seen that mentioned before, but couldn't remember who is was.

My sweetheart is home. :love: He had a huff on with me, turned his back on me :shock: albeit for five mins and then he turned back for nose/check rubs. I've manage to hand feed some pellets and he's had his nose in his hay. He jumped into his litterbox and had a wee, but I'm monitoring him very closely... I would like him to manage to eat some more... I've got some recovery food, which I was told to administer later if not eating... But they didn't send any extra pain relief. :shock: The vet admanet that he doesn't need further, but I'm a bit miffed. My vets are like that, they never give any extra for home, (???) even when I said I wanted some for Stanleigh when she had her spey... :?

He's grooming the area a bit, so monitering him to make sure he doesn't hurt himself.

He goes back to vet in two days for his check up...

I'm just relieved he's home where I can watch him/fuss over him. :D I've got the vets emergency number by the phone, just in case... :thumb:

Benji was such a pain with grooming and biting the area that he had to wear one of those buster collar things. I know they aren't recommended for rabbits but he actually was pulling the glue off the stitches. Needless to say he hated me for about 5 days. :roll:

Hey guys :wave:

I was up into the small hours (was late for work :oops: ) but it went well. I sang to him until he ate :lol: Just when I thought, that's it, not waiting any longer, and was gonna get his recovery food made up he stuck his nose in my hand for pellets and is eating like a ... well... A Reggie! :lol:

Thanks for caring enough to check in - I know it was only a routine op, but when they said they were thiniking about keeping him in there... I just... Couldn't deal with that idea. I love coming home to his smooshy bunny face. :love: Didn't realise just how much I depend on him.

I was up into the small hours (was late for work :oops: ) but it went well. I sang to him until he ate :lol: Just when I thought, that's it, not waiting any longer, and was gonna get his recovery food made up he stuck his nose in my hand for pellets and is eating like a ... well... A Reggie! :lol:

Thanks for caring enough to check in - I know it was only a routine op, but when they said they were thiniking about keeping him in there... I just... Couldn't deal with that idea. I love coming home to his smooshy bunny face. :love: Didn't realise just how much I depend on him.

Good to hear he's doing better :thumb: fingers crossed he's on the road to recovery now :)

Benji was such a pain with grooming and biting the area that he had to wear one of those buster collar things. I know they aren't recommended for rabbits but he actually was pulling the glue off the stitches. Needless to say he hated me for about 5 days. :roll:

Oh dear, I can't imagine a bunny with a collar - sorry in advance but :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

He obviously felt the syringe feeding coming and decided against it :lol: I completely understand how you felt though, apparently I looked grey and petrified when handing Pooka over for a spay, and it was my first time given that the boys were done before I got them. I was so restless waiting around to pick her up, then I was scared to look away once she was home, even though I felt so sad watching her as she was so unPooka-like. So you're really not alone on the worrying! I was bribing with extra nice things for a few days after, even once she was eating normally too - grovelling isn't the word :lol:

Oh dear, what did April think to her husbun in a collar? Did he smack her with it every time he went near her?

We actually didn't have April at that time. Benji was a lone housebun for the first 4 months we had him. I'm glad she wasn't around for that to be honest! :lol:

Back