• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often do you change you bunnys water?

How other do you change the water in your bunnys bowl/bottle

• Once every 3 days

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once every 4 days

• Once every 5 days

• Total voters
Every 12 hours (when I go to work and before I go to bed). I wouldn't want to drink old water and I'm sure they don't either. :)

Water bowl is changed every morning and then topped up during the evening. I change my cats' water at least once a day, so why not rabbits?

Just at teatime, but it gets topped up throughout the day and if there was hay/food/poo in it then I'd change it more than once a day :)

Normally once a day, but the pair empty both of theirs out pretty quickly so twice a day for them!

I was reading a review on zooplus about a water bottle, one of those sippy ones... and one of the comments was something like "I don't have to change the water for nearly a week because it's so big!" :shock::shock:

It used to be when the bottle was empty when I had three but now it's every other day. If the bowl part of the bottle gets anything in then it gets a clean, but the water in the bottle isn't changed.
The water I have on my bedside table is always there for at least a week before I finish it and I can't taste a difference so I just don't believe that water goes stale as quickly as people say it does.

I change it about 3 times a day, but I change it a lot more when the weather is hot (like it had been recently) as I don't think they would like to drink warm water when they are trying to stay cool, and the water does get warm quickly. I change very often in winter as well, as then they do seem to prefer a warmer drink, and I find it freezes very quickly (within an hour or so during the coldest parts of last winter)

I put once a day but they have one bowl between them so really when its empty or has a bit of hay in it norm twice a day, I suppose its easy when they are next to the kitchen to change it so often :D

Every day.

Before Ash was diagnosed with liver probs and when she was on her own I used to change it twice a day, now she is off all medication she drinks much less and even with 2 of them it's still only once a day.

Back