• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RU Calendar Update - comments/suggestions

cpayne

Warren Veteran
I've had so many comments/suggestions from friends and family as I've convinced them to buy the calendar and take quite a few extra for me and try to sell them as well. I've also had suggestions from people on here. I just want to know everyone on here is going to be happy but ultimately I want to raise as much money as possible for SCAR. I'm going to ask the shop that delivers the food to sell the calendars as well, asking at my vets and also doing an email to Jollyes head office to see if they will participate. I can only get refused.

Anyway the majority I've spoken to have asked for Doughnut to be inside the calendar and on the front, so I thought as a compromise and as someone on here suggested, put her inside, and a smaller one on the cover with photos of other rabbits that didn't make it into the calendar. Would everyone be happy with this? Not sure how many I will get on the front as need to do the wording but will try and get a few extra ones one. These will be the next highest voted in.

Would everyone prefer:

Rabbits United Forum 2014 Calendar in aid of Second Chance Animal Rescue or "in support of" or any other suggestion?

Voting will be open and 3 votes per person.

If anyone knows of a good calendar templete please let me know, I'm contacted my brother in law who is a graphic designer so hopefully he can point me in the right directions. Some of the ones online you have to pay for and others I've tried putting two photos alongside each other and it doesn't work.

I hope no one thinks I'm selfish having an additional little photo of Doughnut on the front, I know my friends and family will buy more with her on it and was wondering if everyone who's bunny is in it will also try and sell quite a few. I personally would like one of Jane's bunnies on the cover too as I think she sums up RU but I guess everyone has their own ideas.

I'm going to persuade work to print about 80 and then go from there. I think I could sell that many. That would mean about £330 to the charity.

Last edited:
I think in aid of is fine, and as far as I'm concerned the more Doughnut the better :)

Is it best for photos to be portrait or landscape in orientation? Or I have a lot of square ones (from Bunchkin's Instagram account of course :oops:)

I think in aid of is fine, and as far as I'm concerned the more Doughnut the better :)

Is it best for photos to be portrait or landscape in orientation? Or I have a lot of square ones (from Bunchkin's Instagram account of course :oops:)

Ah thank you about Doughnut, I just don't want people thinking it's all about her but I know my friends and family will buy a lot with her in it.

I don't think it should matter, hopefully. I will do it landscape so we can fit two alongside each other. I think I should be able to alter sizes to fit them on.

Last edited:
Ah thank you about Doughnut, I just don't want people thinking it's all about her but I know my friends and family will buy a lot with her in it.

I don't think it should matter, hopefully. I will do it landscape so we can fit two alongside each other. I think I should be able to alter sizes to fit them on.

All Jane's buns are just amazing and so beautiful, and I would love to see either Sir Victor or Morse in the calendar as well.

All Jane's buns are just amazing and so beautiful, and I would love to see either Sir Victor or Morse in the calendar as well.

Yes I would and cute Violet, but it's not my decision. Be interesting to see which ones get in. There are so many cute ones on the thread. I always love Sally's Dexter but she's entered Huey who is a right cutie and I always think of Bear and Alice as RU and Bunchkin Hop is adorable too. I'm so confused already!! Pleased it's not my decision as I would do a bunny for every week.

Yep, defo a rabbit of Jane's.
No problem at all with Doughnut on the front and inside.
Rabbits United Calender 2014 - supporting Second Chance Animal Rescue.
Violet is just utterly cute and would be a real asset to any calender, as would Dexter!
What about Sox and Mable? So many gorgeous RU rabbits.
We all need about 12 votes - one for each month!!!
Well done for organising this.

Oh, someone suggested Simba's pic being on it. Good idea.

Yep, defo a rabbit of Jane's.
No problem at all with Doughnut on the front and inside.
Rabbits United Calender 2014 - supporting Second Chance Animal Rescue.
Violet is just utterly cute and would be a real asset to any calender, as would Dexter!
What about Sox and Mable? So many gorgeous RU rabbits.
We all need about 12 votes - one for each month!!!
Well done for organising this.

Oh, someone suggested Simba's pic being on it. Good idea.

Yes they did, would everyone be happy for me to put a little picture up of him on the front?

I love Ludo too and Alvin, eeek who to choose.

Just wondering how the voting will work, as I'm not sure? :?so everyone gets 3 votes. Are there going to be 24 bunnies who get in? So the twenty four with the most votes? What if loads of people vote for the same ones, and you don't have 24? :wave:

Yes there will be 23 buns who get in with Doughnut. That's why I was wondering whether to put a few on the front who didn't get in.

Everyone will have 3 votes but not in any order.

I think I'll have to wait and see how many are in the top 23 and then how many are just out of it. If some don't get any votes and there are only say 17 in the mix then maybe I'll just leave the voting open for another day or two and ask people to vote on the other bunnies excluding the 17 who are already in. Does that seem fair?

I think I will get more than 23, that's why I was going to put a few more on the front. It's difficult to tell though. Everyone can see the voting so hopefully a few will verify for me my counting up to make sure I haven't made a mistake then we can take it from there. There are already 31 entries!!

Last edited:
I'm not sure there is enough room for that with the writing as well. There are already 33 entries and it's open for another week.

Too many cute bunnies to choose from! Luckily there have been no names the same so far.

If you want some layout ideas here are a few pages from last years Pledge a Pound calendar - we got 4 - 5 pics per A4 page. It was all done in Word, so nothing technical about the layout, then the pages were sent as PDF files to the printer.

Hope your calendar goes well :D

Back