• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

So this just happened...

smudgiebun

Alpha Buck
We keep the bedroom door shut because it's just not bunny proofed and it's easier to keep it closed at the moment.

I had just been in the bedroom to get dirty laundry. After putting it in the washing machine, etc. I was about to do something else, when I suddenly realised "the bedroom door is open!!"

I ran in and screamed "where are you, what are you doing, what are you doing!!" freaking out like a mad woman (there are wires in there!!)

To which Smudge suddenly appeared from NOWHERE, and binkied her little butt several times out of the room in response to my crazy screamings. Oh she thought it was hilarious!

I then shut the door and followed her into the "bunny room" as we call it, to tell her how much of a naughty bunny she is etc ;) and after a few moments I said "hey where's Chewbacca?!" and my bf said "you've not locked him in the bedroom have you?"

I screamed "OH MY GOD!" and ran to the bedroom, opened the door to find a very forlorn little rabbit at the door confused as to why he was locked in the "banned" room :lol:

Thankfully no wires or bunnies were hurt in this madness.

Anyone else have mad moments like this or is it just me? :lol:

Haha that sounds like an average day :) I heard my neighbour laugh at me the other day...

So I feed the buns at night and shut the hatch in their shed which connects to the run (peace of mind against the foxes), they have an 8ftx4ft shed.
Anyway, I usually distract them with their greens and quickly shut the hatch, however on this particular occasion Moley beat me to it grabbed the veg and was outside in the dark with me not knowing how to get him back in .... So I started telling him (in bunny telling off voice) "fine you stay out there then, I will shut the hatch until you decide to behave and come back in" at this point I heard someone laugh very loud and go inside their house :oops:

I let some time pass and Poppy started to wonder where Moley was .... so I thought best open the hatch and see if he had finished eating, Pop was next to the hatch. I open it and Pop jumps about a mile to the other side of the shed and I scream as Moley just appears from nowhere .. In a "why did you shut me out kind of way?" He is 6kg so makes quite a bang as he jumps :lol:

My neighbours think I'm totally nuts i guess this proves it!!

Yep your right but the same poor neighbours have that the other side .... 2 young children constantly screaming Mum shrieking at them at the top of her voice ... Poor people, crazy bunny lady one side and shouty family the other :lol:
I know which I would rather have though :thumb:

Sorry am so :lol::lol::lol::lol: at all of these ..... Have obviously no idea what you are talking about .... Cough ... None at all :D

........ Ok soooo do !

Yes I do have mad moments - Slipper escaped the garden twice in two weeks from different places so I have to chase her round the estate (very badly dressed - flip flops & tights, slippers as the first shoes come to hand will do) shouting "Slipper, come back" and being savaged when I do catch her. tbh my neighbour has helped me once so there were two of us the first time.

Thank you for the funny post - I'm in a hell of a place and needed cheering up, you have helped :)

That has just made me chuckle I love that we are all slightly Barmy ...... Or...... Is it the rabbits making us ordinary folk barmy? Hmmmmm:?

:lol: I used to keep Orla out of my bedroom but she managed to sneak in once to many so I arranged the cables so she can't get to them and now she comes in whenever she likes. I often find her sitting on the bed and she jumps on it in the morning for a cuddle :love:

OMG lol I can just imagine someone running down the road screaming "SLIPPER!!" :lol: Brilliant!!

:lol: The postman did give me some funny looks as I ran past him in my slippers shouting Slipper and nearly knocked him over. And then running up and down the bit of grass between the back gardens and woods also shouting Slipper :lol::lol:

I took a picture for the bunny shaming website, I'll post it here in a sec.

And she wouldn't even show her face!

Last edited:
And by the sounds of it you probably didn't need to do much waiting!! :lol:

:lol: Nope, not with Slipper around. She thinks her litter tray is a toy to be thrown around and played with, but uses it immediately when she goes to bunny boarding and I tell them she's not litter trained :roll: and then they tell me she's the cleanest rabbit they have and she never makes a mess :shock: Little terror, making me look bad :evil::lol: I love her really :love: i even entered her in the RU bunny calendar competition instead of my baby fluffballs Badger and Blueberry.

Back