• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone use puppy training pads?

I use human disposable inco pads in my guinea pig cage. I find they're more absorbant than puppy pads. However, both will do the same thing. I just cover the pads in a good layer of hay. Fortunately the wiglets never chew them as they're plastic-backed and I'm not sure they'd do a bunny any good if they decided to eat them. However, if you don't have a chewer, you should be ok.

I used them when Baby had her big operation and I've used a few spare ones in my trio's litter tray. I like them, they're great especially for indoor rabbits and for carriers that you're going to be putting in your car because obviously there's no bits of bedding that they can kick out. They can be quite expensive but I got a big pack of them from Home Bargains for £2, silver with green writing. And they certainly soak plenty up, Baby had been on iv fluids for about 30 hours before she came home so as you can imagine she was weeing like crazy :shock:

puppy pads are waayyy expensive, I buy supermarket own brand nappies and cut the elasticated sides off so im left with a flat long absorbent strip, then lots of paper and straw on top

Yeah :) for the indoor rabbits anyway, puppy pad in the litter tray then hay on top :) they fit perfectly in 32L storage boxes. We buy 4 bags at a time from b&m, it's only £5 for a pack and there are 30 pads in them :)

Thanks guys. I was looking at them today they were a box of 100 for £28 so at 1 change per day that'd be 3 months plus. We must spend more than that on wood shavings (yes, I know, but they under newspaper and hay and out in the run so nasty vapours don't build up). Might give them a go and see what happens.
The B&M ones sound good value so I might give them a go.

Back