• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When Loss Takes its Toll

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
When you have experienced numerous losses of much loved Rabbits, when you know for certain that more losses are very imminent, how do you stop yourself from crumbling ?

:cry: :cry:

Sorry for this self pitying thread, but I really am struggling again :cry: :cry:

NoBun can live forever, of course I realise that. But when there are so many losses one after the other it really does prove to be hard to cope with. Even living 'in the moment' is not much help as at the moment 'in the moment' involves yet more losses

:cry: :cry:

I too have suffered a large number of losses over the last year and that is purely down to the very large number of pets that I have. I admit that I don't post on here about them as I worry that people will judge me :(

Anyway, I try to console myself with the fact that in my heart I know I give my animals the absolute best that I can. They've all had a good life albeit sometimes it has been very short. You too Jane, give your rabbits the best care that you can and remember the wonderful times that you've spent together.

Loss is a hard thing to quantify and everyone grieves differently. No one however can take away the wonderful memories that you have - they are yours forever :love: It's those memories that make me smile and get me through the dark times. I hope yours can too xxxx

Just wanted to send you hugs :love: I have no words but wanted you to know i am thinking of you and your beautiful furry family.

I too have suffered a large number of losses over the last year and that is purely down to the very large number of pets that I have. I admit that I don't post on here about them as I worry that people will judge me :(

Anyway, I try to console myself with the fact that in my heart I know I give my animals the absolute best that I can. They've all had a good life albeit sometimes it has been very short. You too Jane, give your rabbits the best care that you can and remember the wonderful times that you've spent together.

Loss is a hard thing to quantify and everyone grieves differently. No one however can take away the wonderful memories that you have - they are yours forever :love: It's those memories that make me smile and get me through the dark times. I hope yours can too xxxx

I couldn't have put it better myself, I have so many animals and sometimes they are cruelly taken away in quick succession, its so hard :cry:. Sending big hugs Jane, we're all here for you xx

For three years we were losing on average 25 rabbits a year. We just put our heads down and kept busy but that only works for so long and for our own sanity we had to reduce things back and spend time "regrouping"

This year we have lost 7 rabbits and 3 cats. But since losing dave, herman and trevor in the same week over Christmas every death is now so much harder to bear. It really does get tougher with each loss because each one take a bit more of you with them. Its never something you can get use to.

We have rabbits we expect to die very soon and probably always will have while we have rabbits. now we cope by focusing on the positives and taking time with them. We make sure they have loads of love, space , toys, treats etc so that we have lots of happy memories and can look back with no regrets knowing we did the best for them.

If a rabbit passes and there are no others arriving then again we focus on the positives of giving the remaining ones more of our time, more space etc But at the same time giving ourselves time to grieve. We also tell ourselves the more it hurts us to lose them the more cared for them and at the end of the day all a bunny needs is good love and care so it is ok to hurt.

Not sure if that makes sense :?

To add I also know there is a time when we wont be doing this any more so know there will be an end point where I can just relax with a book and not get up worrying about what I will have to deal with and not spend all day worrying whether to day is the day for a particular bunny. So knowing one day the pain of losing a bunny will end for us also helps me personally

Sending you lots of love and hugs Jane. Anyone would find it difficult to cope with the number of losses you've had. Turns out you're normal!

Back