• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay, lets get creative!! (plus a dbf for good measure!)

Jem n Flo

Warren Scout
So I'm trying to encourage Flo and Mol to eat more hay cos they're pretty rubbish at it so I got creative and made some hay toys which Flo was very pleased with....

Its my new toy and I'm gonna guard it
P1010287-Copy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Oooooh it has hay in it!!
a4019b38-a27c-4f0d-8c10-947a60ddf740.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Om nom nom nom
P1010297-Copy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ahhh need a lil nap after all that excitement!
P1010291.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Plus tonight's dbf because Flo does them so well!! (and if you're wondering about the yellow pages, I looked, shes looking at new bathrooms it would seem)
P1010281.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

:shock: that's one of the best/worst DBFs I've seen!!! :lol: bless!! One of my pairs was rubbish at eating hay but if I get asda or tesco hay they empty their rack!! I really think its worth trying different ones and its not necessarily the most expensive that they'll like best! I've bought expensive ones as a 'treat' now and again but they never get as excited as I want them to!!

theyre both really enjoying the Ings atm, and do excuse the fuzzless belly, taking ages for her fur to grow back from her spay, was weeks n weeks ago now!

My Dash still has a bare patch on his ear from his neuter almost a year ago!! :shock:

there hair on their ears takes a while to regrow, sox had managed just about to regrow his 8months or so after dental, then had to have it done again, he wasn't impressed, now I have mabel with shaved ears :lol:

hope your buns are encouraged to eat the hay, mine would eat hay and as did in past leave loo roll tube under bed as if to say mummy that's rubbish :lol:
they love their hay so lucky that way

have you tried adding herbs to the hay?

ok wont worry about her fuzz then!

yes I found I can trick Flo if I chop up mint and parsley in the hay!

I do think its working though, Flo has never been big on eating the stalks of things like spring greens or broccoli and I always assumed she was picky, same as she was picky about her hay, but having read lots on here about different types of hay and not eating stalks due to sore mouths im pleased to say that a couple of days on yummy hay she likes, she ate the stalk of her broccoli today and seems a happier muncher already :D

Back