• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My pets @ home bunnies

Well after my saga last week with the 2 that fought & pets at home swapping them like 'stick' for these 2, I'm thoroughly enjoying this pair & they seek to get on great. I think they are litter mates as same colour & vet reckons about 8 weeks! Vet thinks it's a male & female to separate before 10 weeks then get them neutered in a couple of months when they'll confirm the sex.

As they're only 8 weeks, he wanted to wait a couple of weeks before vaccinating as still too young!

They are adorable & a joy to have around :)

null_zpsa2884bdb.jpg

null_zps5d26e128.jpg

null_zps4d564f2d.jpg

null_zps93475fe1.jpg

null_zpsb4465d6a.jpg

They are being kept in the shed (had rabbits outside before & a fox got them) :-( so these guys are safe between the house & shed (with a 5ft double hutch as their base)

They're cute :)

Personally I would find another vet as rabbits can be vaccinated from 5 weeks old so they're definitely not too young. If my vet said that to me it wouldn't fill me with confidence about their rabbit knowledge.

They're adorable :love:

Agree with aly&poppy about finding another vet, I wouldn't want to have unvaccinated bunnies outside so would get then done ASAP

As everyone's said, they can be vaccinated now, so you might want to consider that .
Also, buns mature at different rates and you don't want to take any risks of surprise litters, so you might also want to consider separating them sooner :)

As everyone's said, they can be vaccinated now, so you might want to consider that .
Also, buns mature at different rates and you don't want to take any risks of surprise litters, so you might also want to consider separating them sooner :)

:thumb:

Hiya :wave: they are very cute :love: do they have names yet?
Just in case you don't know, when the weather starts to get colder, it won't be ok to bring them in the house to play and then put them back in the shed, it needs to be one or the other. The temperature fluctuations can make bunnies poorly, and stop them from growing a thick winter coat. You could attach a run to the shed, there are lots of threads on here about fox proofing :wave:

I agree with the vaccinations, 8 weeks isn't too young at all and would be worried with putting them at risk with waiting. Might be worth to ask on here if there's a more rabbit savvy vet near you.

They are pretty and I hope the vet was wrong with being different sexes, but by 10 weeks it should be easy enough to tell. They are pretty.

Back