• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Errrrm... Do bunnies get jealous?

Schez

Mama Doe
Just Reggie is acting... differently and it seems to be since the arrival of Jamie... Now, I know as a human, I could be just putting two and two together and coming up with some random number but is jealousy something bunnies can experience?

Reggie is going in to be neutured on Monday, (cue nerves) and I recognise most of his hormonal behaviour - so some of his nipping, grunting and er, bunny love is his hormones but he just seems... I dunno. It just "feels" diffrerent. He's eating and pooing fine, no physical signs of anything amiss...

He just isn't being very Reggie like. Not enthustiastic about coming out of the kitchen, trying to lie on my feet when I'm washing up. Not investigating so much... The relationship between him and Jamie seems fine. Jamie is on the understanding that Reggie is in charge. There has been absolutely no agression between the two.

If it is jealousy, what can I do?

I'm stumped. :shock::lol:

yes I think they do I remember rosie and mowgli well been on holiday for 2weeks they where at nans in huge hutch and run during day, rosie saw me open back gate and then they where both there, so picked her up poor mowgli was looking as if to say what about me, so brought them both indoors to sit on my lap and fuss, only for rosie to shout at him and push him away as she wanted me to herself :lol:

I vaguely remember that when I had Harvey by himself and brought him in, he'd get grumpy at people who were paying me attention (my OH for example) and try to move them away by trying to pick their feet up! He's fine now though, in fact OH lives with us now and he'll walk into the room and Harvey jumps on the sofa next to him to wash him :roll: I know when I'm not wanted!!!

Back