• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cat tree bargain on Pet Planet - shall I buy or not?

tainay

Warren Scout
I've seen a couple of cat trees on sale on Pet Planet. My buns are enjoying the cardboard castle very much therefore I'm thinking they might be very happy to have a cat tree. However, my buns have almost destroyed the windows and floors of the cardboard castle, so I'm not sure how long a cat tree would survive...

Do you think it worth having a cat tree?

Here are the ones I think might be suitable for my pair:

60_Playtime_Super_Deluxe.jpg

(£49.99, what is that brush-like thing for???)

60_Clamber_and_Hide_Deluxe_Cat_Activity_Centre.jpg

(£38.99, two opening on the den - might be easier to clean out?)

99_Adventure_Tower.jpg

(£38.99)

10_Rope_and_Hidden_Deluxe.jpg

(£45.99, not sure about the un-solid staircase and the rope...)

20_Climber_Super_Deluxe_Plus.jpg

(£32.99)

Sorry I'm a bit all over the place - I need my lunch injection :lol:

Last edited:
When my bunnies were younger they loved playing in/on cat trees so I think they are worth it.

I'm not too sure about the brush thing, I *think* it might be there for cats to rub their heads on? My mums cat is always rubbing it's head on things!

I would worry about the height in case bunny fell off, they don't look too easy to get down off of. I think cat trees are a good idea but maybe a lower one?

I got a 3 foot high cat tree from zooplus recently and was so excited about it but my bunnies took one look at it, explored it very briefly, didn't seem impressed and within a week it was up on gumtree. Luckily I didn't make a loss.I guess it depends on the bunnies.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

For that kind of money you could get one of those hidey house things sold by trixie. Snowflake loves to sit on top of his. Or a small coffee table.

I have a small cat tree for my buns to use as steps up to the second level in their shed. They use it all the time and like to hang out in the little box at the bottom, but I don't know how much they'd use it if it wasn't essential.

I don't know how good of an idea the tall ones are as they look fairly difficult for a rabbit to manoeuvre. They usually have those sling/bed levels which aren't solid too, I don't think rabbits would get on at all well with those and could potentially do themselves damage.

If your buns are ok with cardboard I think you'd get on better with a series of boxes and tunnels. If they're big chewers you could always look at getting something made out of wood?

Back