• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looking for an older bun as wifeybun for Gus....help please :)

louise and Gus

Wise Old Thumper
Since loosing Poppy, Gus just hasn't been himself, he is quiet and withdrawn :(
I was hoping to bond him with my other pair but they both have snuffles so i don't want to risk it. I am looking for a small bun, preferably uppy eared, and preferably over 3. I don't really mind how they are with people as long as Gus likes them. I have had a look on rabbit rehome and can't find anything suitable. I'd love it to be another nethie but am not fussed really

Last edited:
Aww thank you! I know of cuddly critters but thanks for looking for me!

So many rescues have young buns, if only the general public knew this rather than assuming rescues just had old bunnies, that totally not the case!

I'm so sorry Gus is feeling lonely, it's horrible when one is left alone. Have you tried Essex Guinea Pig, Rat and Rabbit Rescue?

Good luck I hope you find a friend for Gus soon xx

I went on rabbit rehome and searched for any animal sanctuaries with rabbits in Essex.

First I found RSPCA Danaher, I don't know if that's near you, but these are the rabbits they have:

http://www.rspcaessex.org.uk/adoptasmallanimal.html

And Cuddly critters in South Ockendon look like the have a lot of rabbits!:

http://cuddlycrittersrehoming.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=13183885

I've just fallen in love with their rabbit Peeka, if only! :love:

OMG I am soooo in love with Millie oh such a sweetie xxxxxxxxxxxx

I also agree that Rabbits in Need on here is a good place to look. Its how I got Tessie and Daisy.

So many rescues have young buns, if only the general public knew this rather than assuming rescues just had old bunnies, that totally not the case!

Yeah the profile of bunnies in rescue is totally different to cats or dogs! I think people are more likely to buy them for a child and get rid of them fairly quickly when the child gets bored (or bitten) when they are still young. Plus the sheer volume of litters meaning that there are just soooo many babies.

I have really struggled over the past few years to find older buns when I have lost one, so I have total sympathy. And especially as Dudley is on his own now too, so if he doesn't bond with Bertram, we will probably be looking for very similar rabbits in the same county!!

Hope the perfect wife for Gus comes along soon :)

Back