• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

going to be an extra bad day of grief today*mh now*

:cry::cry::cry: (((((HUGS)))))

Would it help to post some photos of him for us to look at? X

i might do later on. i don't think i can look at them right now. :cry:

it's all such a mess. :cry::cry::cry: i'm grieving, bisc was doing ok but now he suddenly doesn't seem right. :cry: i don't know what to do with regards to him having a friend, or making things worse. to be honest, i couldn't even pay an adoption fee right now. haven't paid the vets still for matt. totally out of money so panicking now about that. i hadn't even made much progress moving forward after losing ches piggy in feb, and now matts gone aswell. it's just all a mess. :cry::cry::cry:

:(
I hope it's not too tough today

thanks. just feel sick and keep crying then feel guilty that i will be upsetting bisc even more. feel awful for taking him to the vets for tests and leaving him there. feel like i abandoned him. :cry: worried his test results will show something wrong. :cry: and he just suddenly seem skinnier and older :cry: i'm so scared of how quickly something can go wrong so even more anxious, which then doesn't help bisc. :cry:

i might do later on. i don't think i can look at them right now. :cry:

it's all such a mess. :cry::cry::cry: i'm grieving, bisc was doing ok but now he suddenly doesn't seem right. :cry: i don't know what to do with regards to him having a friend, or making things worse. to be honest, i couldn't even pay an adoption fee right now. haven't paid the vets still for matt. totally out of money so panicking now about that. i hadn't even made much progress moving forward after losing ches piggy in feb, and now matts gone aswell. it's just all a mess. :cry::cry::cry:

I'm in much the same situation myself at the moment. Having lost Bridie pig in August and then Estelle last week, I fully understand how you must be feeling.

You are more than welcome to give me a ring if it would help to talk to an old fogey like me. Just pm me for details if you wish.

Thinking of you at this sad and distressing time.

Di. xx

Meant to say that I would be willing to lend you some money if it meant that you could adopt a new friend for bisc. Have a think.

I'm in much the same situation myself at the moment. Having lost Bridie pig in August and then Estelle last week, I fully understand how you must be feeling.

You are more than welcome to give me a ring if it would help to talk to an old fogey like me. Just pm me for details if you wish.

Thinking of you at this sad and distressing time.

Di. xx

Meant to say that I would be willing to lend you some money if it meant that you could adopt a new friend for bisc. Have a think.

sorry about bridie and estelle. :cry: it's just awful isn't it. :cry: it's just totally shocked me really.

i'm useless on the phone but thank you. :love:

thank you for the offer to lend me the money. that's amazing but i really couldn't take it from you. thank you so much though. :love: i hopefully should have some to pay most of the vets bill in a few weeks. (luckily the way my payments work out mean i get an extra one before the rent is due) and if it came to it, i could ask my mum and dad again, but i'm trying to get through without having to do that as i owe my mum money as it is, and my dad gave me the money for matts cremation so i hate asking to lend more. it's just worked out that we have had two massive vets bills after matt and then having to go for bisc aswell and his tests the other day.

xxx

forgot to say aswell, the vets were happy with us doing a payment plan for matts bill, but then we had to take bisc in and that cost alot including the amount i was supposed to pay off matts bill that time so it's just all a bit messy at the minute. i think i'm worried about us needing to go again for any reason because i don't know if they would let us add that onto what we already owe, and i feel like i would be taking the mick a bit and i don't want to do that.

hopefully it will get sorted though and we can get back on track again. just another worry isn't it.

i'm just concerned about bisc now, waiting on his test results. i'm just so anxious and it's all got on top of me lately. losing matt was such a shock. now i am petrified of losing bisc.

*hugs*

Ride out the wave of grief as best as you can. It doesn't matter if you go under a few times as long as you pull yourself out enough to breathe. It will break on the shore eventually. xxx

Sending hugs. With grief there are days that are not too bad and days it is overwhelming, in time the pain isn't as bad.

I hope Bisc is alright and the tests come back clear. I know its never easy when money is tight.

Sending hugs. With grief there are days that are not too bad and days it is overwhelming, in time the pain isn't as bad.

I hope Bisc is alright and the tests come back clear. I know its never easy when money is tight.

it's my own fault. i didn't even know about insurance when i got them and then they became ill with various things so young and the insurance then wouldn't have covered any of that again. at least that is what i was told but now i've read that it can cover that but the cost just goes up every year or something? i don't know. too late now anyway. luckily the vet is so good with letting us pay when we have it. i don't like to take the mick with doing that though.

anyway, should have bisc's test results back on monday so fingers crossed they don't show up anything bad. if they don't then i would think he is grieving again after doing much better which would be so sad. :( then i worry the bonding with a new friend would cause stress and make his snuffles worse. then i worry i will get it all wrong.

some days so seem so overwhelming. almost like it hits you again and the shock comes back.

x

it's my own fault. i didn't even know about insurance when i got them and then they became ill with various things so young and the insurance then wouldn't have covered any of that again. at least that is what i was told but now i've read that it can cover that but the cost just goes up every year or something? i don't know. too late now anyway. luckily the vet is so good with letting us pay when we have it. i don't like to take the mick with doing that though.

anyway, should have bisc's test results back on monday so fingers crossed they don't show up anything bad. if they don't then i would think he is grieving again after doing much better which would be so sad. :( then i worry the bonding with a new friend would cause stress and make his snuffles worse. then i worry i will get it all wrong.

some days so seem so overwhelming. almost like it hits you again and the shock comes back.

x

Unfortunately even when you do have insurance the excess etc is so high. Everytime Mr B has a dental the excess is about £95.00 now. :roll: We have run out of it anyway. I never had the chinchillas insured then Babydarling got ill, then it was too late as two of them were to old to insure. You can go years without problems then it all comes at once.

Hope its good news on Monday. I have no idea if bonding would make snuffles worse or not. Most bonds go quite smoothly, its the few that don't that tend to be on RU. Have you thought about someone else doing it for you to take the stress away.

Unfortunately even when you do have insurance the excess etc is so high. Everytime Mr B has a dental the excess is about £95.00 now. :roll: We have run out of it anyway. I never had the chinchillas insured then Babydarling got ill, then it was too late as two of them were to old to insure. You can go years without problems then it all comes at once.

Hope its good news on Monday. I have no idea if bonding would make snuffles worse or not. Most bonds go quite smoothly, its the few that don't that tend to be on RU. Have you thought about someone else doing it for you to take the stress away.

i know it seems like i find a problem with everything but... the issues with bisc and bonding is his snuffles for one, but also i'm the issue aswell. i am going to ruin it i feel because i am so scared to take him anywhere to choose a friend. and i can't leave him anywhere because i can't bear to be separated from him. but also i have made him more prone to stress in that situation because he has only ever spent one day away from me and that was in 2006 when i got them. so everyday he has been with me, and since 2009 when i started sleeping in the lounge, he has spent 24/7 with me, so i've probably made things harder for him and me. this will sound the most stupid thing ever aswell... but i am scared to go to a rescue, or meet anyone off this forum, even though they could help bisc the most. i hate that but it's my bdd and anxiety. i know this isn't the case realistically but i feel like they'll be thinking how ugly i am and be thinking that i am as ugly as i have always said. i know that's stupid and pathetic but i do feel like they won't like me because of my ugliness and it's just the bdd thinking that way. i would want more than anything to meet people off here and them to help me and bisc but it's the stupid bdd, it ruins everything and because i am so pathetic i can't let anyone else take bisc. i have to be with him. it's stupid because when it's them ill or an emergency, i can over-power the bdd. i can talk on the phone to the vet, i can go out without makeup or caring about how i look to an extent, and when that happens i think that maybe i can do normal things now, but then when the adrenaline rush is over, the bdd takes over again. it's because the pets are an obsession of mine and i couldn't be away from them so if that means i have to leave the house to go to the vets, then i will.

sorry for ranting. i know i'm a weirdo and i wish i could just not care about being so ugly, but i just do. i don't want to. i know it isn't important compared to other things but it just manages to take over. the people on here are so nice and i know they wouldn't care what i looked like anyway, but i feel like they think that and then when they saw me they would be so repulsed. :(

sorry, just had to get that out. so yeh, that's why i will end up ruining things for bisc. i could select a rabbit for him and bring them here but i don't want to have to do that because i want him to choose who he wants.

i thought of going to tameside rescue because it's the closest one to us and letting bisc choose a friend himself and then letting elaine over-see the bond initially and then carry it on back home in the bedroom. i know elaine is on here though and i think someone else who posts the rabbits there so i'm really scared of going there but it would be the best option i think.

i'll have to see what bisc's tests say on monday and go from there. x

You are not weird you have a condition.

Could your OH do it instead ? or could a rescue come to your home and talk to your OH ?

What you could do is see if there is a bunny you like at a rescue online, talk to the rescue on the phone and see what they suggest. Perhaps once you get the bunny your OH could take them somewhere local for bonding (not sure what part of the country you are in), so if you are not happy with them being away your OH can pick them up quickly.

I see you are in Manchester. That isn't far from BARC in Barnsley, maybe you could have a word with Ange and tell her your fears, I am sure she will be very understanding and you could make the arrangements with your OH. I have a BARC bunny and didn't need a home visit. Bandit came to me through a bun run and I bonded them the next day. :shock:

Last edited:
You're not wierd at all, I can empathise to some extent as I recognised some of myself there, but not quite as bad. Sorry - didn't say that to make you feel worse, was meant to be nice & sympathetic! If you ever want to pm me, you can do. I can't promise to be of any help but I can promise to be a sympathetic listener. I'm also in Sheffield so not a million miles away from you if you did ever want to meet, but no pressure. I think I'm not good looking either unless I spend literally an entire day on hair, makeup, ball gown n have had months to starve myself into losing weight. And never take a pic of me without said notice. So we could be two self appearance haters together :) or put bags over our heads so we don't see each other :lol: sorry, I'm trying to be funny here and cheer you up, hope I've not made you more upset :s going now before I put my foot in it some more.....

You are not weird you have a condition.

Could your OH do it instead ? or could a rescue come to your home and talk to your OH ?

What you could do is see if there is a bunny you like at a rescue online, talk to the rescue on the phone and see what they suggest. Perhaps once you get the bunny your OH could take them somewhere local for bonding (not sure what part of the country you are in), so if you are not happy with them being away your OH can pick them up quickly.

I see you are in Manchester. That isn't far from BARC in Barnsley, maybe you could have a word with Ange and tell her your fears, I am sure she will be very understanding and you could make the arrangements with your OH. I have a BARC bunny and didn't need a home visit. Bandit came to me through a bun run and I bonded them the next day. :shock:

i couldn't let o/h take bisc somewhere without me. i'm going to have to try and go to a rescue near by or try and arrange to get a bun here and ask for the rescues help in choosing the right match. i really do think it would be best for bisc to choose though so i really will have to try and go somewhere for the initial dating. it will be a 'good' challenge for me.

barc is another good option actually because i adopted ches piggy from there. they were really good with everything and i wasn't as bad then so someone off here brought ches round. i was sooooo nervous but she was lovely so i've been trying to remember that i got through it! and i have met two people off the guinea pig forum when they brought maisie round and more recently eddie. i was soooo nervous then but i don't really know them as well so it wasn't as worrying for me. it's just the timing alot of the time. sometimes i just get this urge and i think just do it now! i adopted eddie from rspca walsall and did message them about my issues and everything was worked out without me having to speak on the phone or anything so they were really amazing and made it so much easier for me. :love:

i'll concentrate on getting bisc back on track first, see what his test results say and then go from there. luckily he seems to have brightened up now which makes me feel calmer. :love::love::love:

You're not wierd at all, I can empathise to some extent as I recognised some of myself there, but not quite as bad. Sorry - didn't say that to make you feel worse, was meant to be nice & sympathetic! If you ever want to pm me, you can do. I can't promise to be of any help but I can promise to be a sympathetic listener. I'm also in Sheffield so not a million miles away from you if you did ever want to meet, but no pressure. I think I'm not good looking either unless I spend literally an entire day on hair, makeup, ball gown n have had months to starve myself into losing weight. And never take a pic of me without said notice. So we could be two self appearance haters together :) or put bags over our heads so we don't see each other :lol: sorry, I'm trying to be funny here and cheer you up, hope I've not made you more upset :s going now before I put my foot in it some more.....

you make me laugh! :lol: love the image of wearing a bag on my head aswell as sunglasses all the time! :lol: i probably would if i could get away with it! :lol: xxx

I really feel for you and all that you have going on at the moment and the grief still of loosing Matt. Having been in much the same situation myself in the past, and feeling so totally overwhelmed by it all, I think it is best to just work through one thing at a time, as in getting the blood results etc back, and seeing where you need to go from there, if anywhere, and just put all thoughts of another bun out of your head, until Bisc himself is sorted.

With regards to the payment plan, well, a great many of us have had to do that, and your vet will really not be bothered about it, as long as there are regular payments being made. If Bisc does need some treatment and you have to add to it, then that is just being a responsible, caring owner and is certainly not taking the mick. Just remember that you are actually going to be paying these bills, and all the vets are doing is giving you time to do that.

I really do hope that it is good news for you and Bisc on Monday.

Back