• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Beauty passed away / update on dash

les&bev

Warren Scout
hi its happened again beauty has stopped eating again.
not to sure what has stopped her, she is molting really bad at the moment.
i hope its not her hair thats stopped her eating.

she is with dash at the vets overnight.

i will keep you informed.

les

Last edited:
Oh no, poor girl :cry: Glad she's got Dash looking after her. Hope she bounces back quickly and is home tomorrow. Sending lots of vibes for Beauty xx

Hi, Bev has spoken to a nurse at the vets, Beauty has not eaten or passed anything overnight, she has managed to keep the drip in so it’s a good sign.
In the next hour she will be seen by another vet so we can have a second opinion and to see if she will have a x-ray.
She has not lost any weight between her last visit to the vets, so we have caught it early.

Les

i am writing this and i don't no what to do.
we have been told beauty has a large blockage it look like the blockage she has had 8 weeks ago has not gone and she has bad gas in her stomick.
she can have a operation but only has a 50/50 chance of making it.

i dont no what this will do to dash as he is so bonded to beauty.

bev is on her way home now.

les

Oh no :cry: I know there are buns on here who have had surgery on blockages successfully. Does the vet recommend surgery? I hope someone else can advise xx

the vet has said she is really poorly and we need to make a decision to have the operation or the alterantive which I cant even type.
We really dont know what to do we are going up to the vets now to see what they say.
Please send lots and lots of vibes for beauty as she really needs them now.

Oh, I thought the alternative would be to carry on with fluid therapy, I didn't think :cry: I think I would give the surgery a chance, but you and the vet will know how she'd cope with that. I'm so sorry :cry: Sending lots more vibes for Beauty xx

i am sorry to say we have lost beauty.

from getting the call to us getting to the vets, she got worse.
i dont no how to finish this but i miss her so mutch.

les

I am so very, very sorry that Beauty didn't make it, and I know nothing can be said that will help at all, but she was very lucky to have had such a fantastic life with you and Dash and to have been loved so very much. You need to give yourself time to grieve and just take one day at a time. We are all thinking of you :cry:

Back