• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new buns are so gorgeous!!!

Emmzie

Warren Scout
Oh my god. I'm in love. I'm over the moon with a tiny bit of sadness that fudge isn't here...

The little boy is black mini lop called Olly he is gorgeous the most gorgeous bunny I've seen! We sent them straight to their hutch so they could get use to their surroundings but I could
Look at him all night! He was drinking is water which is a good sign and licked my finger when I said bye.

The little girl is a orange tort mini lop called Cinnamon she is lovely, isn't half making a racket outside playing with her new ball and loo roll and made a right mess haha rock and roller!

I'm use to having bunnies inside so feel so scared leaving them outside :( I know it's all secure but still.

I will post photos when they are settled :)

Can't wait to get them both neutered so I don't have to keep them separated. I will have them together when I'm keeping my eye on them but even when I was collecting them Olly tried his luck haha I was quick to stop it though the dirty boy!!!

~ Emmzie x

Aww, tbh I wouldn't put them together until they are neutered as it literally takes a second for a male to impregnate a female, no one could be quick enough to separate before it's too late. I know they're young but I wouldn't risk it :) also as not 'bonded' bunnies they could do some damage if they wanted to. Babies aren't usually 'bad' but again, I wouldn't risk it :)

Last edited:
Oh no. What if she's pregnant then? I caught him mounting her when I put him down next to her but he didn't fully mount haha. If I end up with babies then it's one of those things this time. I think I will keep the bond by letting them out together but at a distance so they can still have a sniff of each other but I will literally hold one of them. Don't want to lose the bond x

~ Emmzie x

[QUOTE=Aly&Poppy

They are bonded bunnies :)

Grew up together then separated when they got to that age :) they are so cute together they were both doing binkies on the lawn at the breeders house haha. Running around!

~ Emmzie x

[QUOTE=Aly&Poppy

Thank you for that :)

I was going to have them together in my kitchen as it's not too warm so not a massive difference to current temp outside and OH would have the little boy and me the little girl so they can just see each other.

I really don't want babies. I would if I had a big enough garden id have millions haha but can't, damn!

When can they get neutered? Is it 4 months? X

EDIT just read that topic and my doe is only 9 weeks old so hopefully the brief 'encounter' is not going to result in babies!

~ Emmzie x

Last edited:
Males can be castrated as soon as the testicles drop, females are around 5/6 months.

Males can remain fertile for up to 4 weeks after a castration I believe, patience is the key and when she is a baby herself I wouldn't take any risks, no matter how small, that may put her in danger. I had to wait for about 6 months before I could send my male and female away for bonding, my female was spayed at 5 and a half months old and I waited 6 weeks after her spay and a bit longer after that. Male was castrated the previous year. Seeing them together now is worth the waiting.

Last edited:
[QUOTE=Aly&Poppy

Makes sense better to be safe than sorry so thank you :) I've never had a pair so it's all kind of new. I have done a lot of research but found a lot of websites said different things!

I'm about to go to bed. I'm terrified my buns will some how escape from their hutch haha like a worried mum about their teenager :/ alarm set for half 5 just to check up on them and look at them before I get ready for work.

~ Emmzie x

Back