• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The look on a rabbit's face when.....

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
An emerging caecotroph wakes them from a deep slumber and they have to get up to eat it :lol:

I don't know why but it makes me laugh so hard, they both have the grumpiest face on ever when this happens. Lilly especially, she will hardly open her eyes, she just looks furious that this has happened to her :lol:

Do your rabbits pull any funny facial expressions in response to any particular events? (Complete the title!)

I know what you mean.:lol:
There's also that expression of complete content when a caec comes out at the right time.

At long last Benjie doesn't run & hide when my tummy rumbles, he just sits up & looks at me as if I've committed a wopping social indiscretion. "Hey your tummy rumbles too Benjie!"

I know what you mean.:lol:
There's also that expression of complete content when a caec comes out at the right time.

At long last Benjie doesn't run & hide when my tummy rumbles, he just sits up & looks at me as if I've committed a wopping social indiscretion. "Hey your tummy rumbles too Benjie!"

:lol: I'm glad someone knows what I mean! Mine get that content look too if it's at a convenient time :p mine are learning not to jump when I sneeze, luckily mine have never been that angry at tummy rumbles! I imagine if benjie could roll his eyes he would do so at your disrespectful tummy noises!

My bridge bun Thumper was incredibly expressive with both ear & eye expression & general body language, but he worked out to communicate with me in great detail. Well he had to show me how to rearrange the house into a bunny warren for him.:lol:
When Benjie came there wasn't much to change. I know when he's really content, & when he's anxious about something. HE seems to know what I'm thinking even!
If you'd like to see me getting Thumper really angry, by pretending not to understand his request for play, have a look at this. I only did it to him once. I really didn't expect him to get as wound up as that!
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?246921-A-Very-Naughty-Human&p=4055334#post4055334

I love what I call wrinkly nose conversations with both of them. We take it in turns to wrinkle our noses at each other 3-4 times. Bunny gets really relaxed, eyes 1/2 close, ears rest down, - it's lovely.:D

they're eating said caec... its a different look to when they're eating anything else!

or when they've been told off for doing something - they look all innocent like 'what, you talking to me? i didn't do it' or the look that says 'did YOU just tell me to stop doing something? who DO you think you ARE' (Rupert in particular knows fine well that no! means stop what you are doing bunny boy thats naughty... but sometimes, you have to really say 'rupert NO' then he stops looks all innocent like he's saying 'oh sowwy mummy didn't know you were talking to meeeeeeee' he stares me in the face if im on the floor with them and tell him off...... he periscopes and stares me in the eye... then licks my nose if i say hes naughty... (of course he's instantly forgiven and gets pellets) :roll: im so played!

the look they give you in the vet that says 'pleeeeeease im sorry lets go home ill be good i promise' - rupert has this one down to a tee and makes me feel so sad....

....tia's look in the vet says 'oh there's no way you brought me to the V.E.T girlfriend... just you waittttttt till i get you home... like that new sofa do you?! ha well ill show you not to mess with Tia!'

I love bunny expressions

Brilliant :lol:
When Biffy's binkying in the bedroom, Bramble usually runs behind us, puts her paws on my legs and stretches herself out so she's really stuck up and snooty.
I laughed so hard I cried when she did it the other day, I wish i'd gotten a picture. :)

Ah yes the look when they're being told off is brilliant :lol: and the one they get just before they do something naught is great too!!! Harvey is a pro at the "please take me home now" look at the vets :roll:

Awh that's sweet that she stretches on your legs :love: Harvey licks my legs, and Lilly chews my trousers :roll: no cute stretching!!

Back