• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RU bunny calendar? u/d82#Photo thread started

cpayne

Warren Veteran
I know I posted about this ages ago and it was mentioned that rescues do their own calendars, so I certainly don't want to annoy anyone or step on anyone's toes, so please tell me if I am as not sure how this all works.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone would be interested in buying calendars with our bunnies on it, maybe 2 to a page so we can have 24 different people's bunnies on them. Maybe one bunny per person or a photo of two bunnies together if you have two rather than someone having two months and another person getting nothing.

I wanted to donate the money to Second Chance Rescue which never turns any animal away and have had some really bad luck. Last year they were broken into and 4 dogs were stolen and 150 animals were killed. They are now a registered charity.

http://secondchancecrockenh.wix.com/animal-rescue#!about-us

I have no idea how to go about this but just seeing if anyone in theory would be interested and then we could vote on which bunnies are in the calendar. Even if Doughnut wasn't in it I would still be happy to purchase a calendar of rabbits whose names I know and characteristics.

If people would like the money to go elsewhere then we can also discuss that.

Last edited:
I would love a bunny calendar and it would be wonderful to support any great charity working with animals!

we make a calendar every year for my dance class, we have a photoshoot and use the pics for it so i can def recommend a good company to make them, you do it all online so is dead easy and you can put lil captions under the pics and even important dates so maybe a bunny's birthday or something. they turn them round v quickly, really good quality and get cheaper the more you buy :)

I think having people send their photo entry in and then having a competition to vote for the top 12 or 24 or whatever would be best so people don't think they're being left out? You could even do it so that the photos have a theme, Spring, May Day, Summer Holidays, Autumn, Halloween, Bonfire night, Christmas, Easter etc etc :)

we make a calendar every year for my dance class, we have a photoshoot and use the pics for it so i can def recommend a good company to make them, you do it all online so is dead easy and you can put lil captions under the pics and even important dates so maybe a bunny's birthday or something. they turn them round v quickly, really good quality and get cheaper the more you buy :)

Thanks I'll get back to you if there is a lot of interest. Was thinking about doing an A5 size as cheaper on postage but will obviously find out what everyone wants if they want one at all!

My company may do it at cost price but will have to speak to them, so I can then see the cheapest option.

I think having people send their photo entry in and then having a competition to vote for the top 12 or 24 or whatever would be best so people don't think they're being left out? You could even do it so that the photos have a theme, Spring, May Day, Summer Holidays, Autumn, Halloween, Bonfire night, Christmas, Easter etc etc :)

Yes I was going to let people vote as I think it's the fairest option. Then if people's rabbits aren't in there then hopefully the one they voted for is!

I thought one entry per person.

Yes, I'd happily support something like this, and enter Arran, as everyone loves him :lol: I'm sure there was a thread similar last year but nothing ever came of it.

I did a thread last year but I was told the rescues on here produce their own so wasn't sure if anyone would want one.

I've got a cost from my work of £0.80 per calendar but think I can get that price down. I'll then have to see what the postage is. This is on a double sided A5 coloured calendar on card. Not sure what to charge and also need to know people would buy!

I'd be willing to spend £3-£5 (depending on if that covered costs and postage - and still gave enough to charity).

yeh no way the company i used would come anywhere close to that price!! £5 plus sensible postage doesnt seem unreasonable, id get my mum one for xmas :)

I'd be willing to spend £3-£5 (depending on if that covered costs and postage - and still gave enough to charity).

Same here. I think it's a lovely idea. Perhaps share the money equally across all the rescues on here so people can donate to all of them without worrying about favouritism?

yeh no way the company i used would come anywhere close to that price!! £5 plus sensible postage doesnt seem unreasonable, id get my mum one for xmas :)

Do you mean yours is more expensive? I've just emailed some bosses to get the cost down!

Same here. I think it's a lovely idea. Perhaps share the money equally across all the rescues on here so people can donate to all of them without worrying about favouritism?

My rescue isn't on the list though so has had no donations.

£3-5 i doubt would be enough

printing services will cost more than that per calender

£7-10 is more realistic as the cheapest I have found for printing is £5 per calender would need to be sold at £7/8 to make any fundraising money due to postage etc....

i think they ones i got came out at about £8 each but i sell them to my girls for that plus a teeny bit for my time n effort in putting it together but then they were a4 calendars

My firm will do it for £0.80 a calendar so far then there is postage on top. I think £5 is reasonable as it's only A5 size but coloured and then will have to see what the postage is, whether I should include that in the price or not. It will be a flip over one which is double sided and on the front I was going to put something like RU Forum Calendar and the charity.

Back