• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I Think Esther has Osteomyelitis in her Jaw -U/D 30th Sept- We Lost Her :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
She is exhibiting the exact same symptoms as the late Lizzie did :cry: On examination I can feel a very thickened area of bone which is obviously painful, just as it was with Lizzie :cry:

This is not going to end well

:cry:

Last edited:
Thank you. Esther has had pain relief and we will be seeing Wendy tomorrow. If it is what I fear then the outlook is extremely bleak :cry: Lizzie only had a couple of weeks from diagnosis to me having to let her go :cry:

Thank you. Esther has had pain relief and we will be seeing Wendy tomorrow. If it is what I fear then the outlook is extremely bleak :cry: Lizzie only had a couple of weeks from diagnosis to me having to let her go :cry:

Oh no I didn't realise it was so bad. :cry: I hope tomorrow brings more positive news.

Oh no, poor Esther :(
I will keep you both in my prayers, Jane, I really hope it's not this. :(
(((((((((((((((((((((Hugs and prayers)))))))))))))))))))) xxxx

Thankfully Esther is very bright this morning and eating quite well, less hay than normal though. The high dose Metacam is helping as she was clearly very uncomfortable before she was started on that.

I am not sure that C is consulting today and I would really like her to examine Esther. So it may be tomorrow that Esther is seen unless Wendy thinks it to be necessary for her, Wendy, to see her today. It is not that I dont trust Wendy, but C has seen all this before with Lizzie so I really do want her to take a look.

Given that no major problems, just longish molars, were found when Esther had her first ever Dental 10 days ago I suspect that her symptoms were more related to actual jaw discomfort. But the thickened area was not evident 10 days ago. It definitely does not feel anything like an abscess. As I said before, the presentation is a mirror image of the late Lizzie's symptoms :cry:

I'm sorry to hear this Jane, and send healing vibes for you both. What exactly is osteomyelitis?

Oh no I hope it turns out to be something minor. Lots of vibes for Esther and hugs for you.xx

:(
Continuing to send healing vibes for dear Esther ((((((((((((((((((((Vibes)))))))))))))))))
You both remain in my prayers. xxxx

I wish I were wrong :cry:

Esther is now 'terminal'. There is a chance that rather than osteomyelitis it is osteosarcoma :cry:

She is being treated for the former, so heavy duty abx and 2 different analgesics.

The prognosis is grave, probably a few weeks :cry:

I absolutely hate 2013

:cry: :cry:

I am so sorry to read this Jane. I really was hoping for better news although I know you are normally spot on with these things. I hope the drugs keep her comfortable and she has a good few weeks.

Back