• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Violet, completely blind baby bunny.

RogerRabbit999

Mama Doe
Well, I wasn't looking to take on any more bunnies, but then Violet was literally plonked in front of me, by a breeder who wasn't wanting to breed anymore, and had bred her last litter producing Violet :love: who is completely blind, and the breeder didn't want her falling into the wrong hands.

hmmm bit of a dilemma here for 2 secs :lol: Oh ok then, I'll take her, OMG what have I done :shock: Never had a baby bunny. Have had rabbits for nearly 20yrs, but all from rescues and 'special needs', but never a baby bun.

Dug out a horrible cage, which I had kept in case I ever needed to prevent a bunny moving about too much because of an injury, grabbed towels and cushions, soft toys and 'what do I do now'?

Cue Jack's Jane :thumb: and the onslaught of daily pm's :roll: Violet's food, Violet's hay, Violet's daily routine, Violet's toys :shock: Couldn't have done it without you Jane, thank you so much for all your help, and so sorry if I made you dread clicking on your Inbox :lol::lol:

And now, here we are, 3 weeks baby bun experience under my belt :? and the most stressed out I have ever been about any of my rabbits, but starting to relax a bit now (well, a minuscule bit :roll:)

More photos anyone???

Well done to you. Great help from Jack's Jane. :thumb:

I will throw my toys out of the pram if i dont get more pics. :love::love:

Definitely need more photos!!! If you ever get fed up of giving baby cuddles you can always drop her round here, after all I'm an expert nose rubber and only just round the corner... kind of :p :lol:

More photos!!!!

"Can't see anything, but I'm kind of sensing something" Violet's first afternoon in her forever home, and 8 weeks old :love:

Last edited:
My heart has just melted, she looks sooooooooo mega cute fast asleep. :love::love::love:

(If you ever get 'bored' of her then i would be more than hoppy to take her off your hands) Hee hee :lol:;)

Is it just me, or does Violet look like a lamb in this pic :lol::lol: I hate her being in her cage, but she is only in it to sleep at night. During the day she loves slobbing out on the settee, with fleeces, cushions and soft toys, and she also has time to run about an empty room. Amazingly, she hardly runs into anything now, and always goes in the same room, which is a really big loft conversion, that now no one wants to sleep in :roll: She seems to have mapped the room out in her head, and races round at frightening speed, binky's like mad, and popcorns like a guinea pig :shock:

Violet enjoying her first piece of cabbage :love:

:love::love::love:

Last edited:
Aww, she is gorgeous :love: when I was a child we had a cat that went blind, she knew her way around rooms, but we couldn't ever have a change round with the furniture otherwise I imagine she would have walked into things. And when she went blind, her whiskers grew more forwards pointing so she could feel if she was about to walk into something :love:

:love: wow, she is beautiful and she looks so relaxed so well done to you and Jack's-Jane ;)

My friend has a blind and deaf bun and he is absolutely amazing. Knows his way around everywhere. In fact he looks a little like Violet.

Back