• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

bisc is at the vets- test results-u/d-seems ok again

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
it became really clear to me last night just how slanted bisc's tail looked, and also his back seemed more curved, like his back feet were too far forward.

anyway, been to the vets and it's looking like he has arthritis in his spine, but EC is also a possibility with the other issues he has had lately.

he's at the vets on his own for the first time ever. :( hated leaving him. :cry::cry:

also managed to cry alot at the vets. felt sick being there after last time and losing matt, and then when matt was mentioned i just started crying and didn't seem able to stop. :( then the vet said nice things about how we cared for matt, especially with his snuffles and that made me cry more. :(

i cuddled bisc so much. i am a mess :cry: he's having xrays first to check his spine.

i feel so awful leaving him. him and matt, they always had each other and now he's alone there. :cry:

Last edited:
right, the vets just rang and bisc's xrays aren't showing any signs of arthritis. his teeth have been checked as he is prone to spurs but there is nothing there.

he's being tested for EC now, some new test they do now, and also having bloods done to check what they show.

he doesn't think this is related to what matt had. matt was just very very weak which is why his legs were splayed.

i'm starting to get really worried now about bisc. :(

Sending tons of vibes to Bisc. I hope there is something treatable found. It's awful when you don't even know why they are poorly. :( *Big hugs*

Sending mega vibes for Bisc, and a hug for you. I'm sure he is in really good hands being looked after well, hope he is home soon xx

Huge vibes for Bisc - so hope they find what is wrong and that he is home with you very soon.

thank you. we're home now. bisc is not happy. :( it was his first time alone and without matt so it must have been stressful for him. he's been quite frantic since we got back and is producing horrible poops. :( hopefully he will get some rest soon. poor bun.

he's had a test for EC and a full blood profile so we're just waiting on those test results now then see where we go from there.

I'm so glad he's home, I'm sure you and Bisc are both feeling better now he's back home xx

bisc is pretty much back to normal now. begging for his probiotics which is always a good sign :roll::lol: no more dodgy poops now and eating and drinking normally. poops are a tiny bit smaller than normal i would say and a bit darker but getting better as he eats and poops more.

he seems ok in himself actually so we'll just wait on the test results now. so glad today is done with and biscy is home again. we took maisie and eddie (piggies) this morning aswell for a check up so it's been a long day!

x

Glad to hear he's home and feeling better. :) Xena always gets horrible poos when she is stressed, so it's probably mainly that.

Sending him lots of vibes. Hope his bloods come back ok. :thumb:

Back