• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Re-cycle to help the rescues and sanctuaries.

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
I've got a couple of ideas.

Here goes......

Got an old pet carrier which for whatever reason cannot be used? Dismantle it, the base can be used as a litter tray and or turn it upside down and it can be used as a little snuggly shelter for guinea pigs. In certain carriers the top can also be used this way. No expense , but no doubt most welcome by the recipients.:thumb:

Any old fleece jackets going to be consigned to the bin? Why not cut them up and make little fleecy blankets and sleepy bags which small furry friends will appreciate during the winter months?

For you gardeners out there.............................why not dry out strawberry, raspberry leaves and keep them nice and dry until Xmas and then donate them as a super healthy treat for the small furries.

Whilst all of our own furry families will have plenty of things to keep them warm and fill their tummies during the winter.......................................

Please spare a thought for all of the thousands in rescues and sanctuaries who need our help.:thumb:

Bumping this up as even though the weather is gorgeous at the moment, think ahead of the cold months to come.

Rescues and sanctuaries are always really pleased to have any form of help.

I've been foraging for my local RSPCA bunnies for the last two weeks, it makes you feel good inside to do something for all the animals still looking for their forever homes.
Please everyone, try and do even a little something to help :wave:

Great ideas.
Hope it's ok for me to add to it?

Old (but clean) towels are usually welcomed by rescues.
As are newspapers.

Back