• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do rabbits improve human co operation?

thumps_

Wise Old Thumper
If just had a lovely run of unexpected helpfullness, & all from rabbit owners.

I've had horrendous issues with the sewer for over 9 years & was getting nowhere. Benjie put in his appearance at a recent meeting here. The senior engineer has Norwegian "Giants" & suddenly all long term opposition broke down. They can't do enough for me now.

OK but today I phoned the council about a hole in an access road to allotments & where I forage. It's melodramatic to call it a sink hole, & it won't become one - just a small collapse - possibly from an underground leaking pipe. Just need a check.
When I gave my reason for being there as foraging for my rabbit there was sudden animation, & again he couldn't do enough. He has rabbits too, & uses forage!

Of coure my lovely car mechanic has had rescue rabbits for years & we always have a long rabbit chat.

Of course I'm being a bit tongue in cheek, but wondered if anyone else has similar experiences.

A lady in our village always goes out of her way to leave bags of greens for the rabbits and when a friend of hers lost their rabbits, gave me hay and food from them.

A couple of the neighbours give me their newspapers and a number of people are interested to hear about rabbits' needs (eg cage size) including our neighbour's boyfriend, who made the aviery and hutches for us at a really good price.

Last edited:
Since having our two in July, my neighbour has been saving all their newspapers for us and we didn't even have to ask. They used to have rabbits too when their two children were the same age as ours. There last rabbit died not not ago after 10 years, they gave us all their hay and straw.

Always helps when you have something in common.

Awww thanks for sharing your lovely experiences.
I'll never forget a few years ago how Thumper needed forage & the mildew struck early.
Wonderful people on here, people I've never met, were amazing sending Thumper dried forage. Not many of them still post - but I'll never forget you! :love:

When we moved into our new house the next door neighbours came to warn me about foxes in the area as saw us mving in the hutches - it was a good icebreaker.

See, isn't this all so lovely? :love:

It's something we don't get with cats & dogs. Although for some unknown reason most dogs seem to like me, come up to introduce themselves & then I have a bit of a chat with the owner.
Maybe pets are indeed ice breakers, but rabbits seem to be top of the list. :D

Back