• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Undecended testies and litter training

Hi I'm new here. I have 2 buns billy and ludo 2 boys who are about 10 months old. Ludo has been neutered and is litter trained however billy testies have not dropped so has not been neutered and does not use the litter tray. My main question is, does he still have all the hormones of an intact male and this is why he won't use the tray and when he has the op to find and remove the testies will it make a difference to his litter habbits?
Thanks in advance x

Yes, it's likely he still has all the hormones, it's usually just a case of normal boy they are just in the abdomine instead and dangling below. They usually recommend removing undescended testicles as there is a slightly higher chance of cancer as they get older. The op is slightly more complicated so worth getting a vet experienced with bunnies.

Back