• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How often should we do bunny dates? HELP with rebonding.

shazbud

Young Bun
We are trying to rebond our bunnies. They have had two dates so far on Sat and Sunday which were only for a very short time due to our boy trying to bite her bottom! He is not being overly aggressive just a very sneaky quick bite as he passes her and then the second date when she was obviously ignorning him he followed her and tried to bite her bum. We didn't let the dates go on for long due to this. I need to know how often to date as I don't think I can do every day, but don't want to hinder the process by not getting them together every day - Also I am finding it quite stressful, which I see from the other posts is quite normal. I keep telling myself that nipping and biting his normal and natural and his way of showing he is the boss but not sure if he is being mean or if it is in fact dominance? That's the hardest thing with all this, trying to work out what is going on???? I am not able to do the date tonight and now feel that maybe I should wait till the weekend again and try some double dates e.g. two dates on Sat and two dates on Sun and see how it goes? Anyone have first hand experience of Rebonding? There was no problem first time around and they moved in together after a week and were so happy until they had to be separated due to her spay.
Does anyone know of anyone who helps with Bonding in the Cambridgeshire area?

Hi,
I think the tips for bonding will be the same as for rebonding. If doing the dating method, I think the more often the better, and for as long as everyone one is comfortable. It is very stressful though, I'm going through it at the moment too.
Before you get them together again I would thoroughly neutralise the space, and then make sure the chosen area is fairly small, I penned off an area about 3 feet by 4 feet, and this seemed to do the trick.i had been dating for a week using the whole kitchen but the buns kept nipping and chasing each other every time they met but once I reduced the space they stopped almost straight away. They were so good I then changed tac and kept them together full time in the little pen, and did full time bonding method. 6days in and touch wood it's going we'll.
Good luck, I'm sure they will be friends again if they have been friends before. Hang in there :D

Back