• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

April has a droopy ear!

BigBunnyBenji

Mama Doe
:wave:
For the last couple of days, April has had a droopy ear. This isn’t normal for her as she’s not a lop. Her behaviour is normal, as is her eating, and she can actually move and raise the ear when she is alert, she just goes back to it drooping afterwards. It is hard for me to check her over as she hates being picked up and thumps a lot with it, it stresses her out a lot.

There has been some work going on next door recently with an extension, so there has been more noise, but generally she seems fine.

I will take her to the vets if it’s something serious, does anyone have any suggestions as to what it might be? :?

When I took on my giant Sorrell he had a severe ear infection and the badly infected ear had lopped.. so would def agree with Jane, I would get it checked to be sure.

Also, Flora my EC bun lopped her ear on her slightly tilted side when she had a flare up but went back to normal during treatment

Awwww, April. Think I would get it checked out - just to be on the safe side, especially since she is an uppy-eared bunny. xxx :wave:

(((nose rubs))) for April.xx

I just wanted to update on this that we took April to the vets about this, and the vet couldn't really find anything wrong with it. Her ear looked a little bit bruised, but there was nothing really internal.
She had an injection and the ear does seem a bit better, not fully back to normal though and it has been a couple of weeks. Her behaviour is still fine and she is eating fine.

When she returned from the vets, she went over to Rupert and he groomed her all over as if he was comforting her. :love:

I just wanted to update on this that we took April to the vets about this, and the vet couldn't really find anything wrong with it. Her ear looked a little bit bruised, but there was nothing really internal.
She had an injection and the ear does seem a bit better, not fully back to normal though and it has been a couple of weeks. Her behaviour is still fine and she is eating fine.

When she returned from the vets, she went over to Rupert and he groomed her all over as if he was comforting her. :love:

How lovely :love:

Back