• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rupert and April (new snaps!)

BigBunnyBenji

Mama Doe
I just wanted to bring out some new photos of Rupert and April. :)

We've almost had him for a month now and it's amazing how well he has settled in. :love:

April has come along so much now too, she even let me stroke her a bit today while she had her paws in my hand eating. Considering she wouldn't even let me near her without thumping at first, I think this is massive progress. :thumb:

IMG_5761.jpg

IMG_5762.jpg

IMG_5763.jpg

IMG_5773.jpg

Rupert looks MASSIVE on this photo. :lol:

IMG_5769.jpg

IMG_5771.jpg

My OH and Rupert :) (and April in the background!)

P1020264.jpg

Last edited:
I can't help it.. I loves your bunnies :D :love::love:

Massive progress for April :thumb: you must be thrilled. It's the little rewards that make it so worthwhile.x

I can't help it.. I loves your bunnies :D :love::love:

Massive progress for April :thumb: you must be thrilled. It's the little rewards that make it so worthwhile.x

I am very happy. :) I thought she'd never progress! She used to growl if we tried to touch her and run off if we even came near her. Now she is happy for us to walk past her, or approach her. She will never sit and be stroked, but I do get a few strokes in when I feed her treats out of my hand. :)

What beautiful pictures. I love the one of Rupert looking massive!

I managed to sneak in a stroke of Snowflake today when he was busy with his pellets its great when they get friendlier isnt it?

What beautiful pictures. I love the one of Rupert looking massive!

I managed to sneak in a stroke of Snowflake today when he was busy with his pellets its great when they get friendlier isnt it?

Me too, I love big rabbits! :love:

It is very rewarding, she is so much more confident than the scared little bun she used to be. And much slimmer too! :D

Aww it's lovely to see pics of them, I've been waiting! :wave: Rupert is gorgeous, and I'm so happy April is a bit more chilled these days! :D xxx

I have such a thing for giant ginger bunnies, something about them just feels so magical to me :love: both of your bunnies are adorable and they look so happy together :love: that's such great news that April is gaining confidence :D

I have a thing for any giants. :lol:

I desperately wanted another British giant after Benji passed away, but we couldn't find one at all anywhere near us.
Rupert was an hour and a half away, and he's a giant cross. He was a rescue bun, but he has so much personality, we couldn't just leave him. He's probably about three quarters of the size Benji was, so he's definitely bigger than April but he isn't huge. :)

I have a thing for any giants. :lol:

I desperately wanted another British giant after Benji passed away, but we couldn't find one at all anywhere near us.
Rupert was an hour and a half away, and he's a giant cross. He was a rescue bun, but he has so much personality, we couldn't just leave him. He's probably about three quarters of the size Benji was, so he's definitely bigger than April but he isn't huge. :)

Giants are amazing :love: my two aren't very big, yet I still see Lilly as a big bun (3.3Kg), I can hardly imagine a much bigger bunny! Whenever I next get a rabbit it will hopefully be a big'un. Probably a giant cross (or whatever type is in a rescue) like Rupert because then the health problems won't be so bad :D how do your non-bunny friends react? I can't imagine how my friends would considering they react to Lilly and tiny Harvey (2.3Kg) as "THEY ARE THE BIGGEST RABBITS EVER" :roll: :lol:

Giants are amazing :love: my two aren't very big, yet I still see Lilly as a big bun (3.3Kg), I can hardly imagine a much bigger bunny! Whenever I next get a rabbit it will hopefully be a big'un. Probably a giant cross (or whatever type is in a rescue) like Rupert because then the health problems won't be so bad :D how do your non-bunny friends react? I can't imagine how my friends would considering they react to Lilly and tiny Harvey (2.3Kg) as "THEY ARE THE BIGGEST RABBITS EVER" :roll: :lol:

When people first saw Benji they were always like "Wow, that is a big rabbit!", and we would just smile proudly!
I remember when we took him to the vets, there was a student doing work experience with the vet that Benji saw, and I jokingly said to him "I bet this is the biggest rabbit you'll see all week" and he replied "That's the biggest rabbit I've ever seen in my life". :lol:

With Rupert, all my family weren't as surprised because they were used to Benji, but definitely with Benji, everyone always thought he was huge. I thought it was brilliant. :lol:

Back