• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The most awful thing :( (Dont read if Sensitive to things)

Peanut-Toffee

Warren Veteran
I went to the top of the garden to see what the dogs were so interested in.....I spotted Roxys grave....dug up :cry:
I can see a body not far away but didnt look close enough, I cant look at her :( I can see bits of her fur around aswell :cry:
My neighbour is going to rebury her for me, I cant face it.

:cry::cry::cry:

ETA: I dont for one minute think my dogs have done it, they cant really get to the area the grave is in. We have had a fox in the area though and we have a few cats.

That's awful Hun, I'm so sorry, this happened to my cat when I was about 8 it still haunts me.
On a practical side can I suggest covering the grave with a couple of paving slabs they can be removed in a couple of months.
I'm so sorry that's grim xx

I thought she was deep enough, and I had a weed cover over it, a couple of bricks and a rabbit ornament....obviously wasnt enough :cry:

Oh, what a terrible thing to happen. I'm so sorry. I have paving slabs over my Midnight's grave and it is sort of sheltered by bushes, so I really hope the foxes we get in our garden won't disturb her. My dog has never shown an interest either. Hopefully your girl can sleep tight again soon.

Ahh, you did everything you could, she will be resting peacefully again soon.
Definitely try to get some paving slabs and put your ornament on top xx

soo sorry you had to go through that :cry:, ask your neighbour if maybe they can put some wire mesh abit under the soil when the rebury her

I'm sorry - that must have been horrible for you.

A fox dug my rabbit up months after I buried her. :( It was pretty horrific! I don't think I'd ever bury any of my bunnies (or our cats) out in the garden now for fear of it happening again.

I was terrified of that happening when we buried our Belle so we placed a slab over the grave.
At least you have a kind neighbour and she has been put back to rest x

Im asking around if anyones got any slabs I can put over, just in case.
I dont really know my neighbour that well, just say Hi in passing. So was a strange request but he was absolutely fine and said I can always ask him if I need any help.

Im asking around if anyones got any slabs I can put over, just in case.
I dont really know my neighbour that well, just say Hi in passing. So was a strange request but he was absolutely fine and said I can always ask him if I need any help.

how lovely of them, and slabs would be another good idea

I'm so sorry this has happened :( ((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))
I've already decided due to the wild animal population here that my bunnies will be cremated when they leave for the Bridge. I could not bear the thought and it is not possible to dig deep enough in the permafrost here.

Bless you and rest in peace once again, Roxy. xxxx

Back