• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

off to the vets tomorrow for mabel (home, dental done)

mini lop1

Wise Old Thumper
:cry: why does it only go wrong for the rabbits cared for, I suspect she needs a dental, her right top molars are very elongated, I suspected something wasn't right so monitored her weight over last week, just got in today and she felt boney on her bottom, weighed her, had quick look at molars and will phone vets in morning to get her double checked, apart from that she is herself eating loads, but she had destroyed a toy ball she had never bothered with before

so I suspect she be n for dental on Tuesday :cry:

Last edited:
If she does need a Dental at least it can be done before she actually stops eating. It is always much better for that to be the case. I hope all goes well for her xx

If she does need a Dental at least it can be done before she actually stops eating. It is always much better for that to be the case. I hope all goes well for her xx

thanks jane, yes, best done earlier, luckily from when she was younger I learned to check the molars and vets where impressed as I always told them which teeth , so have no doubt that's the problem

mabels off for app 10.40am, I phoned they always know its me, thought they said is it for sox, I said nope mabels this time

they doing mabels teeth today, mabels says her mummy was right, will collect her this afternoon, having her tear ducts flushed too x

Last edited:
mabels home :D wobbly but wanting her hay so she is determined to not go to rest :lol: vet said she got excited when heard my voice to pick her up that she picked water bowl up and spilt it all over herself :lol:

teeth all sorted and the main concern found was the start of abcess, luckily I caught it on time

check up Thursday

mabels home :D wobbly but wanting her hay so she is determined to not go to rest :lol: vet said she got excited when heard my voice to pick her up that she picked water bowl up and spilt it all over herself :lol:

teeth all sorted and the main concern found was the start of abcess, luckily I caught it on time

check up Thursday

Oh poor Mabels! :( I hope that abscess is sorted quickly. Good thing it was caught early.
Healing and good eating and pooping vibes for her. xxxx

Back