• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meal time rituals

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
Do your rabbits have any?

They run around my feet as I prepare the meal. I put the food down and they're head first into them.

Lilly eats fastest so when only the rubbish (healthy, fibrous) bits are left she pulls Harvey's bowl away to eat his few yummy bits, Harvey swaps to Lilly's bowl and eats her rubbishy bits quickly before laying down. Lilly finishes, yawns, then finds Harvey's head and lays down pretty much on top of it, legs right out. Harvey then gets up to lick the bowls sparkly clean before going back to Lilly and DBFing right next to her :love:

Every meal time this is what happens without failure, even Lilly's yawn is almost always there! It's like eating is so tiring! Lilly usually purrs whilst having her post meal snooze too :love:

Do other people's rabbits always sleep after eating? Or do they have any weird rituals that they do? Rabbits are definitely creatures of habit!

mine do the exact same as yours i even have a pic of pepsi a sleep after his meals if you want it i will post it

Awh yes do :D I wish I'd got a picture of my two this morning, they were so close to eachother their back legs were tangled up! :lol:

I feel a bit jealous of the rabbits, I wish I could go back to bed after breakfast :lol:

Bojangles will remind me when it is breakfast time and dinner time. I leave for work about 8:45 in the morning; I get up at 7 so we can have some snuggle time, get dressed, feed her, and she is normally munching on her breakfast as I am walking out the door. Night time, I usually Skype with my parents in the States, talk to the boyfriend on the phone, get myself ready for bed, and then feed the rabbit around 10. This week was Chuseok in Korea which is their Thanksgiving. I was off for 5 days. On Wednesday, I was woken at 7:30 by a bunny nudging me, I got up and fed her. She did not let me sleep in all week. She wanted her breakfast at the usual time and she was going to get it.

Bojangles will remind me when it is breakfast time and dinner time. I leave for work about 8:45 in the morning; I get up at 7 so we can have some snuggle time, get dressed, feed her, and she is normally munching on her breakfast as I am walking out the door. Night time, I usually Skype with my parents in the States, talk to the boyfriend on the phone, get myself ready for bed, and then feed the rabbit around 10. This week was Chuseok in Korea which is their Thanksgiving. I was off for 5 days. On Wednesday, I was woken at 7:30 by a bunny nudging me, I got up and fed her. She did not let me sleep in all week. She wanted her breakfast at the usual time and she was going to get it.

:lol: luckily my two can't do that because they aren't allowed in my bedroom and can't make enough noise in the living room to wake me up :p in the evening they start climbing on me soon after 8, pestering me endlessly, even though their dinner time is not until 9! I make them wait until 9,even when they start pestering me at 8, because I feel they'll appreciate dinner more then. If I go out in the evening I get bombarded with bunny when I get home because their dinner is late :oops:

I live in a one room apartment so my bedroom is Bojangles's bedroom. She knows weekends because there is a soccer field across the street from our apartment building. Normally on Saturdays, they start practices and games around 8. She waits until she hears the noise from the people there before jumping on the bed and nudging me awake. And there is a cathedral cattycorner from the building. They ring the bells on Sunday morning around 8 to announce services starting. Bo waits until she hears the bells then she nudges me awake. But, on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, she did not hear any of these things and I was still awake. I think she was a little confused that our routine was messed up. She did the same thing over our summer vacation. I got this job in March and before that we were in a different apartment in a different city. I had the same hours (worked half an hour later,) but I had to get up earlier because I had a half hour walk to work (now a 10 minute bus ride.) And I got home later which meant a short night period of snuggles. She likes this schedule more and she is sticking to it.

I live in a one room apartment so my bedroom is Bojangles's bedroom. She knows weekends because there is a soccer field across the street from our apartment building. Normally on Saturdays, they start practices and games around 8. She waits until she hears the noise from the people there before jumping on the bed and nudging me awake. And there is a cathedral cattycorner from the building. They ring the bells on Sunday morning around 8 to announce services starting. Bo waits until she hears the bells then she nudges me awake. But, on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, she did not hear any of these things and I was still awake. I think she was a little confused that our routine was messed up. She did the same thing over our summer vacation. I got this job in March and before that we were in a different apartment in a different city. I had the same hours (worked half an hour later,) but I had to get up earlier because I had a half hour walk to work (now a 10 minute bus ride.) And I got home later which meant a short night period of snuggles. She likes this schedule more and she is sticking to it.

Bunnies are so intelligent :love:

In the morning when we all go through to the living room. Usually Bramble runs through the tunnel, grunts and thumps and jumps up into the sofa for their pellets. Then depending on wether his lordship Biffy can be bothered to walk through over the wood floor, I usually carry him and put him in front of his pellets. :lol:

In the morning when we all go through to the living room. Usually Bramble runs through the tunnel, grunts and thumps and jumps up into the sofa for their pellets. Then depending on wether his lordship Biffy can be bothered to walk through over the wood floor, I usually carry him and put him in front of his pellets. :lol:

:lol: I love it when they feel like they are too good to walk and you, their slave, must provide transportation! Lilly does this on the odd occasion, normally when she is worried I'll pick her up so sits in her litter tray to avoid me.... The litter tray is a foot away from where I put the food down.... So I reach over and pick her up (she obviously isn't very bothered because she doesn't try to run away from me!), rotate her and place her with her face in the bowl, and she starts eating before all four feet are on the ground :roll:

my two run laps around the aviary and shed and then run circles around each other until I put the food down, quite often they get stuck in the habit of running around each other and miss that I've put the food down :roll::lol:

my two run laps around the aviary and shed and then run circles around each other until I put the food down, quite often they get stuck in the habit of running around each other and miss that I've put the food down :roll::lol:

Yes this is what Samantha and Truffles do, while trying to trip me up at the same time. Willow and Nettle don't display quite the same excitement.

Bojangles knows I keep all of her things is a Hello Kitty storage container in her "area." One day, I was not feeling to well, not sick just blah, and she jumped on top of the container and thumped until I got up and fed her. My mother loves to see her beg and will ask me to give her a treat while we Skype so she can see her do it. So, whenever the chimes go off on the computer announcing a Skype call, Bo starts running around in circles (whether it is my mother or not.) You are right Funny Bunny, they are waaaayyyy too smart. :love:

Back