• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those of you who live in the Kent area

rachylou

Warren Veteran
Ok so I know people do not want to give me reassurance etc due to it encourages my OCD, HOWEVER I have an assessment at the Bethlem Hospital next Thursday and I know there have been suspected cases of VHD in Maidstone Kent.
I am hoping to go to the Bethlem for treatment for my OCD for a probable 6 months but I am rethinking about even going to the assessment cause I am so worried about it being an hour away from Maidstone and what if when I am there I have to go closer to Kent for shopping etc??

PLEASE can someone just advise as to whether I should be worried and whether this would stop you going?

No you shouldnt be worried, youre doing so well to go for this so please dont let your ocd ruin the one thing that could make a huge difference :thumb:

No you shouldnt be worried, youre doing so well to go for this so please dont let your ocd ruin the one thing that could make a huge difference :thumb:

Would you still go?
What if there are other patients there who actually come from Maidstone??

Would you still go?
What if there are other patients there who actually come from Maidstone??

Of course I would, theres no risk and youre going to have the chance to be much happier after it all, then you can live your life with the buns and jack without this voice controlling your thoughts so much

Of course I would, theres no risk and youre going to have the chance to be much happier after it all, then you can live your life with the buns and jack without this voice controlling your thoughts so much

Thankyou Steph!
I am just so worried that if I do get a place and I find out that one of the house mates actually came from Maidstone that I would have a break down- I guess I would be in the right place (light hearted) :lol:

Thankyou Steph!
I am just so worried that if I do get a place and I find out that one of the house mates actually came from Maidstone that I would have a break down- I guess I would be in the right place (light hearted) :lol:

you would be :lol: lighthearted is good! make sure you do something niceas a reward after your assessment

you would be :lol: lighthearted is good! make sure you do something niceas a reward after your assessment

Thank you Steph! :love:
I would love to have a take away but hubby said no :( I know he is not just being mean though, its a money thing.

There really is absolutely no need for you to be concerned, regardless of where you are/where any patients come from. What you're doing is a very big step, so it's understandable that stuff will crop up and you will undoubtedly have some worries, but please remember you're doing this for the greater good, don't let those worries control you! You can do this, think of the brilliant life you, Jack, your OH and family will have after this!

I really hope the assessment goes well. Don't let those fears become even more irrational, you can do this! There is no need to be worried in the slightest.

There really is absolutely no need for you to be concerned, regardless of where you are/where any patients come from. What you're doing is a very big step, so it's understandable that stuff will crop up and you will undoubtedly have some worries, but please remember you're doing this for the greater good, don't let those worries control you! You can do this, think of the brilliant life you, Jack, your OH and family will have after this!

I really hope the assessment goes well. Don't let those fears become even more irrational, you can do this! There is no need to be worried in the slightest.

Thank you hun :love:

Back