• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moving my trio back to unneutral space?

Milo+Fizz

Mama Doe
Sorry for yet another thread but I need all the advice I can get. The trio have been together for over 2 weeks now and are getting on great. I want to get them settled in the shed that both pairs shared up until this bond. It was split down the middle so both pairs will be in their old living quarters. I will completely clean it and add new litter trays and will be adding a new flooring so the look will be very different. Is it to soon and how do I go about it? I'm scared :oops:.

I have never bonded rabbits but going by what I have seen on here I would put them in to the newly re arranged space. Could you neutralise it with water and vinegar?

You may want to restrict them to just the shed (not run) at first too.

Best of luck.

Ive never done a trio but when I did my bond I cut of part of there shed so they didnt have to much space, then slowly made it bigger over the next 2 weeks x

When I put my trio back out I washed the whole place in various negar and left it a few days. New litter trays and neutralise any toys etc. I have a 2tier hutch at the back which normally has the doors removed. I put them back on so they couldn't use it and so restricted the space a bit. Over the week I extended the space but left it a good few weeks before I gave them the run back as well.

When I put my trio back out I washed the whole place in various negar and left it a few days. New litter trays and neutralise any toys etc. I have a 2tier hutch at the back which normally has the doors removed. I put them back on so they couldn't use it and so restricted the space a bit. Over the week I extended the space but left it a good few weeks before I gave them the run back as well.

Thank you everyone for your replies. Elis-mum did you have and chasing or fighting when you moved them? :wave:

A little bit of chasing and fur pulling with the 2 girls but it settled.
3 years on at certain times of the year the girls still have 'moments' but nothing serious and the next second they are snuggling.

Due to illness with lula I had to separate earlier this year. When I let her back with the other 2 my other girl chased her again but it didn't last long or concern me enough to seperate again.

Good luck. X

Thanks for your reply. We had some chasing and fur pulling when I put them in the shed so I've put them in a small pen within the shed. Everything is calm again at the minute. I will leave them a while before I increase the space.

I am bonding a trio now, they are currently in a pen in the conservatory but today I cleaned my room with vinegar and water (to neutralise it) and washed all their vet beds and towels etc. It won't be 100% neutral, because I can't clean the rug, but it' as close as poss. I'm going to put them in my room, in the pen first, to see how they get along. Providing that goes well, I will let them out of their pen a day or so after. :thumb:

Hope it goes well!

Goodness, lots of trio bondings going on at the moment. All quiet on the western front here at the moment. Lilo inflated and I'm ready for them to kick off just as I decide to lay down for a nap:lol:.

Goodness, lots of trio bondings going on at the moment. All quiet on the western front here at the moment. Lilo inflated and I'm ready for them to kick off just as I decide to lay down for a nap:lol:.

:shock: Yes! This trio is nearly 3 weeks in! They seem to be getting on much better again now they are in a small area. This time as they are in their home I can increase it slowly as I am using puppy panels (with added lid).

Hope all these other trio bonds go well. Fingers crossed for us all! :D

:shock: Yes! This trio is nearly 3 weeks in! They seem to be getting on much better again now they are in a small area. This time as they are in their home I can increase it slowly as I am using puppy panels (with added lid).

Hope all these other trio bonds go well. Fingers crossed for us all! :D

:thumb: Yes lots of bonding vibes to everybody bonding, and extra for those bonding trios!

I would do what everyone's suggested & just put them in & increase the space gradually.

Try not to worry too much - there's all these bonding rules but different things work for different people. My last bond, I put in an indoor cage for 2 hours, then put back in HER old home after a clean. No issues, no humping, no nothing. It was like they'd always been together. Other times, I've added a bun to a big group with absolutely no bun noticing. I've done more easy ones than I have hellish ones:lol:

I would do what everyone's suggested & just put them in & increase the space gradually.

Try not to worry too much - there's all these bonding rules but different things work for different people. My last bond, I put in an indoor cage for 2 hours, then put back in HER old home after a clean. No issues, no humping, no nothing. It was like they'd always been together. Other times, I've added a bun to a big group with absolutely no bun noticing. I've done more easy ones than I have hellish ones:lol:

Agree with this :thumb:. Although I've just dug up all the turf in my rabbit run so that I can re-turf it to make it neutral :lol:. My back's killing me now :roll:. My two girls are very territorial though so I WILL be completely neutralising the shed and putting in all new boxes, levels, trays etc. That's why I'm also completly re-doing the run and making all the tunnels and levels different out there too. I don't trust the girls :shock:.

Thanks, they are in a 2.5ft x 2.5ft pen within the shed and all has been calm for the last 3 nights. No fur pulling for over 48 hours so I'm pleased about that. Think I will extend on Sunday if all is well. The shed has been fully cleaned with vinegar and has a new flooring in so I hope that is enough to do the trick.

ETA; I have also re painted all the chewed bits :lol:.

Back