• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Companion Care Vets

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
I've avoided them in the past as their inside pets at home and a big chain.
BUT......
They have given me Bear and Alice absolutely perfect service the last few days and I couldn't be happier :)
My own local vet wouldn't find me an appointment when Bear was in stasis and I didn't want him to have to endure the long journey to John Chitty while poorly. Companion Care had him in with the nurses being assessed within 10 minutes of me calling for an appointment.
The vet was brill and sounded very knowledgable, the nurses were great and sympathetic when I was there balling my eves out and they kept me updated through the day.
The same service with Alice yesterday, she was in for her dental 2 hours after being admitted and they called me as soon as she came round.
They were spoilt rotten and the nurses fell in love with them :love:
They were both begging for their breakfast again this morning, I will 100% be using companion care again :)

This is exactly what i needed to see!!

I got Molly on weds from the pets at home rehoming bit and they gave me a voucher for free spaying at their vets and ive been umming and ahhing about doing it but now ive heard this then i will def do it :)

It's best with any vets to try to find out a bit about them. Especially when wanting to have bunnies spayed etc. Companion Care vets as a broad umbrella really means very little - it's about the vets within the surgery, as any other vet practice. I use a branch near me, but that doesn't mean that I'd equally use any other (or indeed that all the vets within the same surgery are as good as each other with small animals).

Last edited:
This is exactly what i needed to see!!

I got Molly on weds from the pets at home rehoming bit and they gave me a voucher for free spaying at their vets and ive been umming and ahhing about doing it but now ive heard this then i will def do it :)

Your quite near me!
I used the Fareham Collingwood one as it's down the road from my house!
The vet I used was Omri, but Pablo is fantastic with bunnies to apparently, he actually has pet bunnies at home :)

I have only used my local companion care once (free neutering voucher) and i have to say i wouldn't trust them with any of my lot ever again. They made a bit of a mess of Brambles neuter. He had a retained plum and they left his abdominal wound slightly open. This was noticed at his three day check as it had got infected. It was left open which caused the infection to get worse.

My own vet was disgusted with how they left Bramble. She sent half an hour sorting him out and getting everything put right. P@h did pay for his treatment and follow ups at my own vets as i refused point blank to take him back to the theirs.

My friend used them, her boy bun had a normal neuter and came through fine. I think its luck of the draw on which vet you get.

100% will depend where you go and what vet you get.
But my experience was great, better than great Bear and Alice got 5* service at the Collingwood branch and I wanted everyone to know :)

i know its not gonna be the same at every branch, and tbh you take that risk whatever vets you use, just saying that its nice to see something positive about a local branch when ive been trying to decide whether to use them or not

id happily take her to my usual vet but a voucher for free spaying rather than finding the £100 to do it with my vet is a nice option to have!

I've used the one in Portsmouth a few times (but not recently) because they are open for much longer hours than my vet. When Tigger had his abscess it was a Saturday afternoon and I knew I would have to pay £100 at my vet just to walk through the door, whereas Companion Care were open anyway.

I've always had good service from them and if they were nearer I would probably use them more often. Not sure about their out of hours though. If they use the out of hours vet in North End I wouldn't consider changing as their charges were astronomical (considering it was only 6.00 pm when I went) and their service was awful.

If I manage to find a full-time job I am going to have to change vet as mine is a two man practice and only works up to 6.00 pm and for a couple of hours on a Saturday morning.

I've used them occasionally in the past too for things that would have otherwise been out of hours as their open until 7 and all day Saturday and Sunday.
Bear and Alice like to get ill at weekends :lol:

thought id have a little nosey at the staff info at the portsmouth branch and seems alot f the vets/nurses have worked in small animal practices at one is described as this:

"Trained in Munich, Germany, Christiane’s interest is ophthalmology. She also has a keen interest in rabbit medicine."

yay

Did you get her from the Havant branch? She wasn't the big white bun was she? :wave:

I didn't like CC when I used them, didn't find them particularly good.

I use Downland Veterinary group in Leigh Park and Emsworth. Claire is fantastic :love:

Last edited:
no shes a lil splodgy bun, must take some pics!!

ive used St Peters vets in petersfield and horndean since we got a cat when i was 2 so theyre my usual vets

think maybe i should have a nosey in p@h portsmouth and get a feel for the place maybe

So pleased they are both doing well now, I think everyone would fall in love with Bear and Alice.

Doughnut was spayed at Companion Care and I found them really good.

I absolutely love Stefan the vet at Comp.Care in Orpington... he is great, the nurses are so good as well. Totally trust them:thumb:

Both my chaps were neutered and vaccinated at our local companion care. They were really lovely and we had no problems :D

Jasper was neutered at a Companion Care vet, including his undescended testicle op which I've been told is quite a difficult op to do if they aren't experienced. I can't fault the service at all they really looked after him and he healed really well.

no shes a lil splodgy bun, must take some pics!!

ive used St Peters vets in petersfield and horndean since we got a cat when i was 2 so theyre my usual vets

think maybe i should have a nosey in p@h portsmouth and get a feel for the place maybe

I grew up in Petersfield and St Peters vets neutered two bucks for me back in the 1970s.

Back