• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what can i use to clean bisc?

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
was about to check his heel and he decided to wee so instead of going backwards away from him, it has come underneath him because he had his bum pushed up against the back of the 'table' i was checking him on.

so now he's wet and upset and i'm upset aswell because he is upset. :(

i've wiped him over with some water and cotton wool pads and he's cleaned himself, but can i use anything else to help, or will he clean the rest?

As long as he doesn't have any problems washing himself he should be fine; I often clean Olly up with cotton wool and warm water, if there are any bad bits I trim them off. But Olly struggles to clean himself so needs my help in that department. I'm sure Bisc will be fine :wave: x

I think he should be fine to clean it himself. Just check him tomorrow to see of he has. :)

Bojangles backed up against the front door and peed one day and got it all over her backside. Being very new to rabbits, I got a big plastic bowl, put it in the shower, filled it with water, put Bo in, gave her a bath. The next day she got ill and was in the vet's office. The vet told me in the future to gently wipe her bottom with a cotton pad and warm water, so you did the right thing.

I've used a slightly damp cotton tea towel which I keep for such occasions and then a dry one after. My Flopsy used to get a grubby bottom and I would clean him up and then sit him on my lap on a dry towel and he would snuggle up and snooze.

Sending nose rubs for Bisc xxx

Back