• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Fluffy not eating :0( any advise welcome.!

Fluffs mum

Warren Scout
He has had this morning one pellet ... They are done to one third of an egg cup between them so normally is an all out race to see who gets to it first. Teeny mouthful of grass and a couple of carroty treats . Even refused fenugreek crunchies.

He had a dental 3 weeks ago so whipped them to vets this norming not his teeth that he could see and not stais so had pain killer at about 11 am but still has not eaten anything.

I have not been out there all the time as he keeps looking at me as if to say leave me alone .. Oh and he had one bit of hay at the vets..

My only worry is that leaves have been blowing into their hutch and they both have been eating them. No idea what type of leaves we are surrounded by trees . Stereotypical leaf shape now gone yellow some with black spots on them as leaves do this time of year

... Looks like I will be taking him back soon :0(

Any wise words from the ru wise ones?

Jane is wise, I'm not! Just wondered if they had done x-rays of his teeth as vets can't always tell what's going on with one, so may still be his teeth.

As far ask can see yes but he has a wifey so not 100 % sure. When I changed them this morning there was a lot of poo. Have not seen him drink this morning even when I hide and watch him . He looks so miserable :0(

I would definitely take him back today, it seems he's in pain that he is looking miserable and not eating. Poor little Fluffy.

He's back in now vet not sure what's going on :cry: no stais not bloat but just not eating . Am thinking its those blasted leaves he in there overnight for fluids , an biotic and lots of fingers crossed :(

Thank you all xx he has had fluids and has been eating out of a nurses hand. :love: so hopefully we will have our little special boy home tomorrow xx

I hope Fluffy is feeling much better and comes home today.

These little furry friends know how to worry us don't they?!

Get well soon vibes for Fluffy. xxxxxxxx

Phew he is home and binking around happily and munching hay. We go back Monday for a check up tomakedure he is 100% thank you all for your good wishes . I think the vet felt sorry for me as only charged £38 for an overnight stay for both of them and syringe feeding !

Phew he is home and binking around happily and munching hay. We go back Monday for a check up tomakedure he is 100% thank you all for your good wishes . I think the vet felt sorry for me as only charged £38 for an overnight stay for both of them and syringe feeding !

Thanks for the great update.:thumb:

I hope all goes with the check up on Monday.

Back