• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vetbed

Alison Marie

Wise Old Thumper
How many of you use it? :wave: I've been thinking of buying some for Jasper the indoor bun.

What are your thoughts on it and where's the best place to buy? :wave: Also where do you use it?

I bought it on ebay, and thought it would be nice bedding for the outdoor buns.....except they just wee'd on it. I have taken it out for now, and when I put the little adapted hutch (ie doors off) in the shed for the winter I will try it again in there.

I use it and buy it off ebay. Mainly I use it for my bun Scooter who had a bad break in one of his hind legs, which now sticks out at a weird angle, and he can't clean himself properly. He has one of the rigid plastic dog beds as a litter tray, as they are easier for him to get into, and I have vetbed immediately in front of it for when he comes out after a wee, because it kind of mops him dry. I also have some in his play area, and his pop-up tent all lined with it, because he could potentially get carpet burns from his leg dragging along, but the vet bed provides soft support for his leg and keeps him dry.

For my buns in puppy pens, I have large pieces cut to size, that can then be changed and washed as required.

Back