• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quick question

Yes, we do. Our hutch is connect to the run via a Runaround system.

31de59bf-4ab6-4b82-b21c-7587b42afa1d_zps93bee6f3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Mine have access to the run 24/7 via a catflap in the shed. We did take extra precautions though to make sure it's predator proof

Yes the giants have access to their run all the time. Mainly because they would very soon have broken the catflap if they didn't!

Thanks for the replies.;)
At the moment I have a catflap on the side of the hutch leading to the run, but i secure it at night to stop them going out, because i know we have foxes in the area. I've not seen or heard them in our garden though.

I'd love to be able to let the buns roam at night, I know they want to (Peanut is already trying to break the cat flap!), but I'm not sure how i can fox proof the run without destroying the grass. I don't have space on the patio to put a run and i live in a rented house so i wouldn't think the landlord would like me to kill the grass off by laying slabs.

Would a 6 inch wide netting skirt around the outside of the run be enough do you think?

Elmoandfern How have you made it predator proof? Anyone else have ideas?

By the way I love your setup Sueny.:love:

Thanks for the replies.;)
At the moment I have a catflap on the side of the hutch leading to the run, but i secure it at night to stop them going out, because i know we have foxes in the area. I've not seen or heard them in our garden though.

I'd love to be able to let the buns roam at night, I know they want to (Peanut is already trying to break the cat flap!), but I'm not sure how i can fox proof the run without destroying the grass. I don't have space on the patio to put a run and i live in a rented house so i wouldn't think the landlord would like me to kill the grass off by laying slabs.

Would a 6 inch wide netting skirt around the outside of the run be enough do you think?

Elmoandfern How have you made it predator proof? Anyone else have ideas?

By the way I love your setup Sueny.:love:

Ours is on paving slaps and bolted into the ground, I think a mesh skirt would delay bunnies digging out but I don't think it would be effective against anything like a fox :(

I would lay galvanised mesh under the entire underneath of the run.

Mine have constant access to their main run, which is meshed on all six sides and attached via a hole in the shed :oops:
575859_10151090992979363_157042132_n.jpg

My trio who have an attached run have 24/7 access.

My pairs are transferred back into their hutches at night because unfortunately there isn't space to attach them.

All mine have 24/7 access. Its all fox proof (I hope) and they are most active at dawn and dusk - unlike me.

Not 24/7 for me. But they have a catflap and in the summer months the flap opens at at 4am just before dawn and closes at about 11pm just after dusk. I then change it throughout the months to end up in the winter with it opening at about 7.30am and closing at about 5.30pm to keep in the warm. I hardly ever see them out in the winter though even though they have that access. It always closes and opens when its dark though or at least just turning

Back