• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

People with large bunny groups

Schez

Mama Doe
A question re. insurance if you wouldn't mind sharing your experiance/thoughts:

I was just wondering if people with large bunny groups insure them all? Who do you insure them with? Best one? What to look for when comparing quotes? I tried emailing a company about insuring a group of rabbits and they never got back to me. :?

I used to have 7 bunnies but by the time I started looking into insurance for them they were all 5 years and older so I never found anyone that would insure them :(

I think it's a shame that pretty much every pet insurance company (every one I've looked into over the years) will only insure a rabbit that is under 4 years old.

My 10 year old girl is fit and healthy, never had a vet visit for anything other than check-up and vaccines but no-one will insure her because of her age.

We have 23 house buns. I would love to insure all of them but can't afford to do so. We insured our original two Squirrel and Buttercup (Buttercup has since died) and also have insured three other buns who I would consider to be 'higher risk' - a mini rex (good job we did he has dental problems, our Rhinelander - simply because he is a big inquisitive bun and a new little bun Teddy Tickle who I just have a certain feeling about. I try to save and put money away every month too but this is often a problem especially when I have to factor in vaccinations and due to the fact we have had 14 of them neutered / spayed this year (they were rescued from a rescue but one later died). Our dog and five of our cats are insured, our new kitten will be insured over the weekend.

It's all money isn't it!!!! :shock:

Six. Not insured. Put money aside each month for them (and dogs, g.pigs and hamster).

I used to have 7 bunnies but by the time I started looking into insurance for them they were all 5 years and older so I never found anyone that would insure them :(

I think it's a shame that pretty much every pet insurance company (every one I've looked into over the years) will only insure a rabbit that is under 4 years old.

My 10 year old girl is fit and healthy, never had a vet visit for anything other than check-up and vaccines but no-one will insure her because of her age.

Totally agree with you, we got 4 weeks free insurance with our latest adopted bun but let it run out for precicely this reason.

we have 36 and until recently had them all insured with Petplan but they kept increasing the excess on them and also really mucked up quite a few claims recently lost claims, put claims to wrong bun and then caused issues when you tried to claim a continuation claim for an illness, and even had the wrong bun down as dying so closed a policy that was for a bun who was still alive! I also seemed to spend my life writing claims and chasing claims and correcting claims and renewing etc etc etc

I was also fed u when found out that if accupuncture forms part of the treatment they take a 2nd excess off!!!

so now we just have 5 buns insured who we feel are higher risk - we would put the money away each month but tbh our debts are so high it had just disappeared into the general pot.

I have 11 non are insured I just haveca vet savings account, my dog and one of my cats are insured, the cat is 4 trs old and never claimed the dog is nearly 8 and had two small claims and I feel ive paid out more each month than thd vets bills we incured and claimed for

I have 4 bunnies, 4 cats and a dog.

After a bad experience with insurance for my last dog and the fact most of our illness vet trips are less than the excess would be and the sheer cost of insuring them all I have a standing order from my main account to an online savings account so that way I don't forget to save and I can only access the money online

Back