• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Woody is sneezing

marchi1990

Mama Doe
Two days ago I saw Wood sneeze about five times in a row. I watched him for a while afterwards and yesterday too but he didn't seem to do it again.

Earlier the same happened where he sneezed lots of times in a row.

A similar thing happened about four months ago and the vet put him on Baytril. He has an appointment on Tuesday for a teeth check up. Should I be getting him to the vets before that??

I am so so worried.

It is likely that his sneezing is related to his Dental Disease

Elongated tooth roots can effect the nasal passages causing inflammation and then secondary infection.

I cant remember if you said that Woody has had skull radiographs to assess the tooth roots ?

I would get him to the Vet before Tuesday if possible.

Good luck

Hi Jane.

He has had skull radiographs before but that was a good 4+ months now.

His dental disease relates to tooth spurs.

I will call the vet as soon as they open. :(

I have just returned from the vets. Wood was given Baytril. He said there was a 'bit' of nasal discharge.

He listened to his chest but didn't hear anything noticeable.

He didn't suggest scans of his head today because he wants me to discuss it with his normal rabbit vet on Tuesday :?

I have just returned from the vets. Wood was given Baytril. He said there was a 'bit' of nasal discharge.

He listened to his chest but didn't hear anything noticeable.

He didn't suggest scans of his head today because he wants me to discuss it with his normal rabbit vet on Tuesday :?

That sounds very reasonable

Radiographs will only confirm or rule out TRE, not offer any other treatment options. The next time Woody has a Dental you could request some more Radiographs are taken :)

Back