• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Always Look on the Bright Side.................

I love ducks. Those noises :love:

Saw two herons today on the morning dog walk. Its great living by an esutry (cant spell at all these days).

Awes! :D :love: Aren't they cute?
My stepmom had a duck she raised from an egg (she was a kindergarten teacher for special ed children and they would incubate eggs in class) and she kept him for about 8 years I think, until she had to move out of state. She had left him with a lovely carer who had property that backed onto a golf course so he would have acres of free range area.
Sadly within a month a skunk had killed him. Broke her heart. :cry:
His name was Oscar and he liked to bite ankles. :lol: He was heavily imprinted on her and attacked anyone who was 'not mum.'
I always loved his little putt-putt sounds he would make when he was content. :love:

All our wild birds except for the ravens and the few songbirds that do winter over here have all gone. The sandhill cranes, the woodducks and geese and the swans have all flown to their summer homes. :(

Back