• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have had to give up on a bond

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
I've been trying to bond two buns for a friend of someone on RU but sadly have had to give up.

The fighting hasn't changed since I started - it is the both jumping in the air with lots of fur flying type fighting. Nobun was getting hurt, although Hazel did get her nose caught by a nail but I bathed it and put sudacrem on and it was fine.

I have had to separate them at times as they have been here a week now and I have had to leave them and daren't risk leaving them alone. When they are together they ignore each other most of the time and then Hazel goes up to Oscar and he attacks her and she fights back and then they retreat to a separate side of the pen again and can stay separate for hours.

Hazel isn't spayed and I wonder if it is worth trying again after she has been neutered? It isn't nasty fighting in that there is no biting (I keep checking each bun for wounds) and both are eating and drinking fine.

I have to bond my own two buns next - and just hope that is an easier bond.

I hate failing:(:( and really feel like I have let their bunny mummy down:(

I don't think you've 'failed' at all - I think the odds were against you as Hazel hasn't been neutered.
Is she old enough to be spayed yet?

I don't think you've 'failed' at all - I think the odds were against you as Hazel hasn't been neutered.
Is she old enough to be spayed yet?

Yes and I've said I am happy to try again once she has recovered.

I have bonded neutered boys and entire girls in the past but I think it is generally easier when they are both neutered. My bridge bun Furby and Faye were the exception. She was too young to spay when I adopted her and it was the easiest bond I have ever done!

I just feel really bad. I've done loads of bondings and have only failed twice before - with Hovis - and he has since bonded himself with my three does. He clearly wanted to choose his own partners.

It's certainly worth another go when she has been neutered and they've had a break.

Good luck with your own bonding!

I agree with Babsie!!! Please don't feel as if you've failed 😞 the odds were definitely against you. If Hazel can be spayed and you can try again once she's recovered I'm sure it will go much better 😊

Sending lots of love and luck 🍀

xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I am sorry the bond didn't go to plan - It does sound like it is down to Hazel not being spayed.

Hopefully once she is spayed and recovered it'll be a successful bond :).

Back