• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much time do you spend with your bunnies?

sueny

Warren Scout
Just out of interest, how much time do you guys spend with your outdoor bunnies a day? Over the last two days I've only had 15 minutes a night with them. I'm hopefully going to spend all day with them on my day off tomorrow.

I'm outside with mine for at least an hour after I get in from work then I pop out again to 'tuck them into bed' for about 15 mins. At the weekends I'm out there constentaly :wave: Just love being with them and watching them. No wonder I don't get much housework done - apart from theirs of course :lol:

Depends on the weather, how much work I have to do etc. If it's not piddling down with rain we're all out there in the mornings for a few hours. Karl and Oliver are out there now. They get a good hour out of us in the evenings etc. In the summer I often work outside too.

Now the shed is up I'll be able to sit with them for longer in bad weather. :thumb:

About 6/7 hours a day, thats with working 9-5 and leaving the house at 6.45am and getting in at 6.15pm...some days less with the gym but only by an hour or so. :)

I have 4 bunnies, couldn't have more though, wouldn't have the time for them.

Very little time anymore, to be honest, I wonder why I have them. But they have each other and to be honest I think they are happiest that way. I won't be getting any more bunnies though. When these ones have died, that's it.

I was thinking about this today and feel quite sad that I really only spend about ten mins on a morning, and maybe same at night with my buns, I work full time and now have a 2year old so I don't get to spend nearly as much time with them as I would like too. They are outside buns so its difficult especially with the nights drawing in. I have two pairs so at least they have each other, and they are spoilt rotten. They are not cuddly buns either I hope they are ok with this and happy all the same.

I would think from a bunny point of view that they wouldn't really be that bothered by not seeing humans as long as they have a friend to be with and their needs are met! They prob think of it like we think of relatives, they are nice to visit but you wouldn't want them around all the time :D

I have one bun outdoors (hopefully will be indoors from tomorrow providing the bond goes well!) and I don't feel that she gets anywhere near enough one to one, especially with her being single. The way her set up is makes it quite difficult to spend time with her, and her wendy house is too small to sit in, and she always tries to escape when I sit in the doorway. :roll: I do let her out to run around the garden with me following her, and I do think she quite enjoys my company. I also try to spend about 15 mins with her before I go to bed when she has her supper and top up of hay. She enjoys company and I feel awful at not being able to spend as much time with her, especially since the days are much shorter and it has been pretty horrible weather. I really don't know how people manage to deal with outdoor buns in the winter! :shock: I most certainly would not be able to cope freezing my bum off just to see my buns. :lol:

Sometimes I feel guilty that I don't spend enough time with my indoor bun. Between working 9 hours a day, and going out sometimes I feel guilty. But, I spend time with her when I am home.

Charlie is on her own but she's very timid still and definitely prefers it for now. I try to spend time with her but she runs away after a bit.

Donny and Lola prefer each other's company, I spend time with them still but they're never overly bothered that I'm there unless I have food or hay!

Those 3 are outdoors but whatever the weather I'm out there, even if my fingers are turning blue, I'm soaking wet or boiling hot. I spend about half an hour a day cleaning them out too.

The 3 indoor rabbits get more attention obviously. Poppy is in my bfs bedroom so there is someone here most of the time. Leo and Kerbie are a 50/50 on rabbit/human company so we spend more time with them than I would Donny and Lola because they want the fuss, Donny and Lola tolerate it for a bit then go outside!

I don't mind though, they're happy bunnies and that's all I care about :) keeping the single buns is harder because they don't have someone there who speaks their language but I try my best.

I would think from a bunny point of view that they wouldn't really be that bothered by not seeing humans as long as they have a friend to be with and their needs are met! They prob think of it like we think of relatives, they are nice to visit but you wouldn't want them around all the time :D

Really agree with this - depending on the bunnies.
We have a pair outside who are not particularly bothered about spending time with us - in fact, if I'm in the run for too long, then Maisey nips me because I'm getting in the way of her running! :lol::lol::lol:

Our two that live in the kitchen though, are much more "human friendly" - Tibbsy in particular, she goes in the huff if we're late back from work! :roll:

I have to say as far as my two go I don't really agree. I'm not sure anyone who saw the way they go crazy every time they see me come out the door could say that's the case. They dash around at full speed and bounce around jumping over everything in their run. And then dash to the run door. If they weren't that bothered I doubt that would be the way they would react. Obviously I can't speak for everyone's bunnies but that's the case with mine.

I spend about ten minutes with them in the morning when I top up their hay and water, and I check on them multiple times throughout the day if I'm home.

Cupcake and Pudding love human interaction but because they have eachother, I spend about half an hour to an hour of each day playing with them one to one. Nahla is on her own as she refuses to bond, so I try and let her have a few hours of my time every day. She doesn't like people very much but she's getting a bit better. I'm currently trying to find her a husband but this will be my last attempt at bonding her... If it fails again I may consider having her as a housebun.

I have to say as far as my two go I don't really agree. I'm not sure anyone who saw the way they go crazy every time they see me come out the door could say that's the case. They dash around at full speed and bounce around jumping over everything in their run. And then dash to the run door. If they weren't that bothered I doubt that would be the way they would react. Obviously I can't speak for everyone's bunnies but that's the case with mine.

Mine do this but it's not because they like me, it's because they know that I'm the one who always brings food :lol:

Hardly any.

At weekends/summer evenings I'm in the garden a lot. If I'm pottering, I let them free range. (Mainly for grass or a scenery change - they have a playhouse/aviary set up).

They are all bonded. I have a single foster currently - I try to spend a bit of time with him when I go outside.

Mine do that when I go in the kitchen (which overlooks their garden).
I assumed they thought they were getting food.

I would definitely say that Jimby WANTS my attention, he is such a sweetheart and seeks me out for cuddles and gets grumpy if I move away before he is done! :lol:
Cookie used to be a real 'Daddies girl' and when he returned to work after being off over Christmas she wouldnt talk to him for a while and turned her back on him but you could see that she was peaking to check she was getting the appropriate reaction from him :lol:
Time wise I used to spend all day with them but now I have Jack I have to allocate my time but I make sure on an average day that I spend most of the evening with them. So around 3 or more hours which isnt really enough but I make it quality time.

About half an hour in the morning, a couple of hours after work and about half an hour when I check everybun before I go to bed.

On weekends I spend most my time with them.

My buns are all friendly and run up to me but after the inital hello some of them prefer to be off exploring and aren't interested in much of a fuss whereas some of them are proper snuggle buns.

My indoor buns both run up to me when I walk in my room..if I don't have food for them, Xena looses interest and wanders off, but Fiver asks to be picked up and fussed. :roll:

Shadowfax definitely enjoys spending time with me. She grooms me and my clothes and asks for kisses. I think this is mainly because she's single, though.

I do think it depends on the rabbits. Fiver pines for me and starts acting up if he doesn't get his daily snuggles. :roll: :lol:

Back