• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My poor Bear has been admitted :( - update spoke to the nurse

HoneyBear

Mama Doe
I'm in pieces I'm so worried :cry:
I found him huddled in the corner refusing food this morning.
Took him straight to the vets expecting to get some meds and critical care and head off to work but his temperature was also really low and they wanted to keep him in.
Alice has stayed with him and I'm waiting by the phone for news.
I was so upset at the vets I didn't even have a chance to give him a cuddle or anything now I'm worried ill never see him again :cry:

Last edited:
Oh no :(

Really hope he will be alright. The waiting is the worst bit of it ... loads of vibes to you all.

Only just read this.

Sending loads and loads of vibes for the gorgeous Bear. I'm home all day today, tomorrow afternoon/eve and all day Sat, Sun and Mon if you need anyone to come and medicate while you are at work or I could have them here if he needs nursing and you don't want to leave him at the vet.

I know how difficult it was with Gemma when she needed two hourly feeds and I had to go to work. In the end she came to work with me but that was only practical because it was a Sunday and no-one around.

Oh no I love little Bear. I'm sure they will get him eating again and back to his normal self.

I know when I've taken Doughnut in and then she's admitted I've forgotten to kiss her goodbye or didn't get a stroke and felt terrible as then start thinking what if I don't ever see her again.

He's in the best place and I'm sure he is under no illusion how much his mummy loves him. Keep us updated. xx

Just called for an update and he has eaten a few pellets!! :D
Just waiting for the nurse to speak to the vet to see if he is happy for him to come home later.
I cannot WAIT to see him.

Back