• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i want matt back

I want Honey back. You just have to concentrate on Bisc now like I did with Olly. I do everything within my power to keep that little bunny happy, and he is happy :love: when he wants a snuggle I give him a snuggle - he goes and sits in a certain spot and looks up at me when he wants one :love: he has a strict routine and comes running at mealtimes and treat times, buzzing like a little furry bee :love: I miss Honey so so much, but Olly needs me and I will always be there for him. Stay strong for Bisc xxx

Aww hun I really feel for you, it must be awful to have to deal with this, I know if anything happends to Jimby it will kill me hugs for you

I am so sorry, I wish I had words of comfort for you. Please take solace in the fact that you made his time in this life happy and that he loved you very much. He is still with you and always will be.

I know how you feel. It is so hard to accept that they're gone.

He's ok though, happily at rainbow bridge with all the other angel bunnies.

You will have the memories of him forever, they will never be gone.

I followed your posts about Matt and it was heart breaking but you were amazing. Matt had a fantastic life with you, so must take some comfort in that. I wish I had the words but just wanted to say take it just one day at a time. A bunny's passing leaves such a hole. :( His memory hurts now but it will bring smiles and warmth again soon.

Talk about him when you need to, cry for him when you need to - there isn't any right or wrong when you are grieving.

Thinking of you and sending (((hugs))).xx

All the words in the world dont seem to help sometimes do they.But you were a great bunny mummy to Matt and still are to Bisc. Please stay strong for Bisc,who needs you now. Big hugs to you,and remember we're all here for you when it gets to much.

Losing a beloved animal companion is like being in a car wreck...you may not feel much more than shock at first, or numbness, or you may be unusually calm...but about a week later or so, you begin to realize the scope of it. :cry:
I am so very sorry and I know...it doesn't seem real. I really wish it wasn't. (((((((((((((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))))))))))))))
Bisc does need you though, and although we don't know exactly what animals feel when they grieve or for how long (time passes far too quickly for our rabbit friends) he has to have been where you are. Let him show you the way through, dear.
Thinking of you and sending strengthening and comforting vibes for you in this sad time. xxxx

last night the hysterical crying has come back. i couldn't stop. i know i need to let it happen but i keep pushing it away when i can because i really don't want to deal with it. :(

i have nightmares everytime i sleep anyway, always have, but now it's even worse when they are matt dying and i'm cradling him and i can't do anything. :cry:

Still thinking of you sweetheart xxxxx

You were the perfect mum for little Matt and you still are for Bisc xxxxxx

add anger to it all now. these are all normal feelings aren't they? and it's normal that they keep switching aswell? i just suddenly feel angry aswell, on top of every other emotion. so angry that he was taken from me. :(

last night the hysterical crying has come back. i couldn't stop. i know i need to let it happen but i keep pushing it away when i can because i really don't want to deal with it. :(

i have nightmares everytime i sleep anyway, always have, but now it's even worse when they are matt dying and i'm cradling him and i can't do anything. :cry:

Oh gosh, I identify with the nightmares. :(
It has been 3+ years since I lost my Bridge dog, Shadow. As of this month I have had my most recent nightmare about him passing. It began with him appearing before me running about and so happy to see me, and I him, but looking pitifully thin as he did before he died. But I was so glad he was there and running towards me I began running too, away from him, and calling him to come to me. As I turned around I found to my horror that he was on the ground and taking his last breaths. Right before me he was gone again and I was screaming for someone to help us as I cradled him. :cry:
I woke up gasping for breath myself because it was so awful. :(
It's been three years.... Why can't I stop having these terrible dreams? :cry:
Because I love him still. And always will love him. And would give anything to have him back. :cry:
Even with all the love around me that I currently enjoy, I miss him so. They just carve out such a huge space in our hearts. How can we bear to let even this last memory go when it is such a sad one?
It is so difficult to fill that empty space with the happier times. But we must try, because then all we do remember is the loss. Something that is only a small moment in comparison to all the living times we had with them. I don't know why we focus on it. It doesn't bear thinking on so much. :cry:
Sending you ((((((((((((Massive hugs)))))))))))))))) and comforting vibes. I really hope that the extreme heartache will pass for you soon. xxxx

ETA: Yes, the anger is very normal. It is something we feel towards ourselves sometimes, other times towards the medical professionals that should've been able to bring our animal friends back to health and sometimes, frighteningly, it can be directed towards the animal who passed...i.e. 'why did you leave me?' This too shall pass. (((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))) xxxx

Back