• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Did you bond your own rabbits?

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
I have always done the bonding with my rabbits, luckily it has always worked out brilliantly. I admit to being a nervous wreck doing it though. Piggies are so easy I don't ever give it a second thought. Just wondered who else bonded their own rabbits :D

Not yet, but will be end of this month. I was looking forward to it but the more I read the more scared I am that it's going to go horribly wrong :?

I've always bonded my own and I also bond for members of RU.

I've just done a piggie bond and was amazed at how much easier it was than a bunny bond. Am currently trying to bond two buns who just keep fighting - not causing any real damage - or ignore each other.

The main reason I wouldn't adopt from one of the rescues locally is because they insist on doing the bonding and I wouldn't want anyone else bonding my buns. Am happy to take on a pair that are already bonded but don't want to send one of mine away for bonding.

Yes with thanks to RU knowledge and advice :) Soon to be bonding another 2 with my 3 and will be a nervous wreck but I do have a back up plan if it doesn't work out :thumb:

never bonded rabbits but bonded piggies and that was easy really. both piggy bonds i did couldn't have gone any better really. bonding rabbits would make me very nervous though!

Yes -Bobo and Harley we did with the help of a rabbit savvy friend although to be honest they had already bonded over the months of living next to each other and it was just a matter of letting them be together properly - they were in the 'bonding pen' for about 6 hours then we all got bored and just let them out and get on with it.

Holly and Sheldon we did on our own - but again they were so easy -they really wanted to be together :love:

We will be bonding our baby Bug with one of the pairs once she is bigger and has been spayed - getting nervous already :shock:

Always. Mona and Elidore were easy, love at first sight. Then I had four sibling kits. Three of them got on fine but they picked on the runt so we seperated her and luckily found a buck who was docile and small enough to be a suitable mate. He has since been bonded to two of her siblings since her death. He is so nice natured that its been very easy. The Emrys and Berrie, they were a nightmare, hated each other and had to be split up for four months. Berrie's post neuter hormones took ages to calm down but they did eventually and the separation seemed to have helped too. We reintroduced them and they were in love from then on. After that we had Bilbo and Maisie who again were love at first sight. Orla and Donovan were already bonded. Snowy and Frodo bonded themselves after our garage got flooded and she jumped into his pen which made him feel all macho and protective :lol: Willow and Clover were prebonded and are brothers so again I didn't have to do anything.

I don't think I am good at bonding tbh, just been lucky. And since some of those rabbits have died rebonding has been a nightmare. Emrys and Elidore are now old and cantankerous. Orla briefly bonded herself to a disabled bun now at the bridge but she is rejecting all advances. Paddy is grumpy and probably still hormonal and Maisie is grumpy too and rejected advances. Since she and Orla lost their true loves its been very hard to help them find happiness :(

Bonding Mylo & Barnaby was an absolute dream within 5 minutes. Bonding Mylo and Olly was the complete opposite and went from bad to good to awful.

Not sure I could do it again unless I could guarantee another Mylo/Barnaby-style bond :(

Yup. Have to reintroduce soon though as Pooka's hormones meant she humped the boys a little too much :lol: The boys have had stuff smelling of her and vice versa, have seen each other a lot and signs suggest that they miss each other, given the boys response to seeing her just the other day as they were all trying to lick each other through the bars :)

I have but haven't had to bond any for the last 9 years.
And back then the rescues advice was to just put them in a neutral hutch, they didn't recommend using small spaces at first or anything and it always worked for us.
Going to be bonding a pair soon though and I'm a little nervous about it, there is a rescue nearby who offer a bonding service though so I have a back-up plan if needed.

I took Donny and Lola to Fatfluffs and Leo was bonded with Kerbie at Fatfluffs. I don't know what I'm going to do with Donny, Lola & Charlie yet so.. might have to ask Fatfluffs for some help again :oops: :lol:

No, i'd be a nervous wreck :lol:
Biff and Bram were bonded back together at the rescue as they're brother and sister.
I'd love a trio though, but I don't think either would take to it.

I bonded Timmy and Tilly, and Timmy and Mimi after Tilly passed away. Both bonds were really easy, possibly because I was relaxed as I hadn't come across RU yet :lol:

I tried and failed to bond Timmy and Mimi with Max, but had to give up because it was just too stressful for all of us.

Max then got sent to a rescue to be bonded with Charlotte because I couldn't cope with the stress again :oops:

Back