• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Laminated/plastic coated plywood?

catherine09

Mama Doe
I want to buy some of this to put a inner wall in the bunnies house, as it's wipe clean and easy to disinfect. It's like the stuff you have in catteries, but I don't know what its called/where to find it. Just spent half an hour looking on google and nothing :lol:

Does anyone have a clue what it would be called?

No, not really.

I've seen it in catteries and kennels, it's literally like plywood but the surface is plastic so it's wipe cleanable. I know it's called something specific but I don't know what :lol:

Catteries are usually like the panels you get in plastic/upvc doors I don't think there is any wood involved. Try upvc panel in google :)

A cheaper option might be to just use a sheet of spare wood and plasticote it? I have used plasticote (sp?) on wooden shelves for the hamsters before as it stops the wee from soaking into the wood, I know it is safe if they chew it so I'm assuming it's safe for rabbits to.

I've used sticky back plastic on plywood before, you just have to make sure you secure the edges with something protective so they can't chew the edges up.

A cheaper option might be to just use a sheet of spare wood and plasticote it? I have used plasticote (sp?) on wooden shelves for the hamsters before as it stops the wee from soaking into the wood, I know it is safe if they chew it so I'm assuming it's safe for rabbits to.

I do have plastikote, but I thought it just was a spray paint rather than it literally coating it in plastic? Does it become fully wipe able and watertight?

I suppose I could try it on some spare wood and see :D

Yeah it does make it waterproof, much easier to wipe and no odours, plus you get to choose a colour lol

Back