• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

should I go for these rabbits

lillylau

Warren Scout
I am looking for a rabbit or a bonded rabbit, I have applied to some adds I have seen, and with help from a nice forum member we both came across a ad for 2 male bonded bunnies they are Only young one was born in May the other in June they have been together 3 months with no problem, I know they will need to be done, She wanted a payment for them when I first contacted her but now she said I could have them for free. Should I go or them ?

Last edited:
I have seen pictures of them, I know its not the same but I like the look of them and they are both dwarf lops. I am unsure at the min, I went to see some French lops but they were kept in dirty conditions with dog poo all around them. Very sad and I felt like reporting the women to the RSPCA but I don't want any trouble.

I would definitely go and see them first. The pictures might not be an accurate representation of what they look like now. I wouldn't buy or reserve any animal online without going to see them, and have a chat to the person who is selling them.

I don't think We are right for Oreo its such a shame as I really like the look of him, he can he snappy and I have a child of 3 and a disabled child so he just isn't right for us.

go and visit first, preferably alone so that you can go away saying you need to chat with your partner and then take him the second time around

I don't think We are right for Oreo its such a shame as I really like the look of him, he can he snappy and I have a child of 3 and a disabled child so he just isn't right for us.

Aw you'd never think that - he looks like such a big softie!

I don't really know what to advise about these other two though I'm afraid. Presumably they are not from a rescue so you wouldn't have the backup/support that you would if you adopted from a rescue.
I don't know if it's the same for boys but my sisters started fighting once their hormones kicked in - I think I would be wary of adopting a pair who were not already neutered/spayed personally just because I remember how much hassle it was getting them through that.

Thank you esupi that is what I really worried about, I would be at a loss as I am very new to rabbits and it might just be to much stress for me as I am recovering from mental health problems.

Aw you'd never think that - he looks like such a big softie!

I don't really know what to advise about these other two though I'm afraid. Presumably they are not from a rescue so you wouldn't have the backup/support that you would if you adopted from a rescue.
I don't know if it's the same for boys but my sisters started fighting once their hormones kicked in - I think I would be wary of adopting a pair who were not already neutered/spayed personally just because I remember how much hassle it was getting them through that.

Agree. Getting a bonded pair from a rescue is SOOOOO much easier. (I have done both. My petshop boys, together from babies had a massive falling out just after being neutered, both rescue pairs are finey fine fine).

I've just gone through it again with Willow and Nettle and I have to agree, if I were choosing a pair of rabbits I'd definitely get them ready-neutered and bonded from a rescue.

Back