• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lyric my giant bunny is not feeling well update.blood tests from vets came back today

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
She was fine first thing but when I went to clean the litter trays out she didnt run up for her food like she usually does.shes usually a really pig with food shes picked at a bit but not overly intrested ive given her some metacam and shes just been for a poo all odd shapes though If shes no better soon I will take her to the vets can I have some vibes please shes such a special bunny ♥

Last edited:
Shes very poorly :( the vets couldnt pin point anything but just said shes very ill :( shes had fluids.gut stimulant and pain releif but shes very depressed and still not eating:( I cant bare to loose her :( :(

so sorry to hear this and lets hope she picks up..at least she had meds so all you can do now is keep her warm and quiet and wait. xx

Its 4 years today since I found out what had happened to Miffy and Vinnie, Lyric was the bunny that picked me up and made me happy again Im so upset I know you shouldnt have favorites but shes so special :(

:( sending mega vibes for Lyric. Did the vets check everything? Did they look in her mouth and her ears? Did she have any gut sounds at all? Sometimes if they have a sore mouth or ears they won't eat, but the problem may not be visible without a GA. How long ago did she have the meds? And did they give you any to take home? I really hope she improves soon. Is she inside with you? X

(((((Get well vibes))))) for Lyric.. And calming vibes for you - such an anxious time when a bunny is ill. Hope she gets better soon.xx

:( sending mega vibes for Lyric. Did the vets check everything? Did they look in her mouth and her ears? Did she have any gut sounds at all? Sometimes if they have a sore mouth or ears they won't eat, but the problem may not be visible without a GA. How long ago did she have the meds? And did they give you any to take home? I really hope she improves soon. Is she inside with you? X

Yes she was throughly checked over.She had the meds at 7pm she has fiberplex I have metacam but they gave her a vetergesic injection which is why I think shes so drowsy. She is an indoor rabbit x

Yes she was throughly checked over.She had the meds at 7pm she has fiberplex I have metacam but they gave her a vetergesic injection which is why I think shes so drowsy. She is an indoor rabbit x

Ah yes vetergesic would have that effect. Hopefully by the morning she'll be feeling a bit better and fancy munching something. One of my bunnies had vetergesic and it did worry me, because I thought the drowsiness would prevent her wanting to eat :? I don't know. Sending more vibes xxx

:( I don't know what to suggest other than taking her back to the vets. The exact same thing happened to my Fudge last week and it turned out to be dental but they hadn't been able to see anything until they put her under to have a proper look. Is this a possibility?

Back